: Sun roof whistle after removal and cleaning/greasing tracks

AmyinFL
07-07-13, 06:34 PM
:crying2:

So my sun roof was vibrating badly when I would close it. So my husband removed the sun roof (4 simple
bolts) cleaned and lubricated the track. Re installed it and it worked like a charm....no more vibration,very smooth...except now the sun roof apparently is not seating all the way- and I have one heck of a wind whistle. Really? Ugggh...
If anyone has any remedies for this problem I would greatly appreciate them. It seems it would have to be something simple... I hope! Thanks in advance....

glake89
07-07-13, 07:09 PM
It is-, from the SM-
"Initialization Process

Important: The sunroof window and sunshade must be in the fully close position before starting this procedure.

Important: Perform the Teach Module Process immediately after completing the Initialization Process. Failure to begin the Teach Module Process within 3 seconds of completing the Initialization Process will require the entire procedure to be repeated.

Make sure the engine is idling and the vehicle is in park.
Press and hold the "Sunroof Open Switch" and the "Sunshade Close Switch" together for 6 seconds.
Release both buttons.
Press the "Sunshade Close Switch" until the motor stalls in the close position.
Press the "Sunroof Close Switch" until the motor stalls in the close position.
Teach Module Process

Run the Initialization Process above and within 3 seconds perform step 2 below.
Press the "Sunroof Close Switch" 3 times and hold the switch down on the third switch press.
Continue holding the "Sunroof Close Switch" until the sunroof and sunshade have stopped moving.*
* The sunroof has entered the teach mode at this point and the following operations will be observed:

• The sunroof and sunshade will move to the full open position.
• After the sunroof reaches the full open position, the sunroof will begin to close.
• When the sunroof reaches the half closed position, the front sunshade will close.
• The Teach Module Process is complete when both panels have stopped moving.
"

orandaberg
07-07-13, 07:20 PM
Hi
You can do all this also but I did not have to, I have a thread on here about the same thing, you did not put the roof exactly like it was,open the glass just enough so that you can access the torx heads, loosen them slightly and push the glass forward/evenly a bit. Tighten the torx and close, look at the front lip of the glass, it should be touching the rubber in the front when closed, you may have to do this a couple times, does it sound like its catching in the back when closing?

AmyinFL
07-07-13, 08:02 PM
No catching...but also does not have that last "lock down" or "seated" noise that I got before the removal/ cleaning. Will try this now.. Thanks!

----------

It is-, from the SM-
"Initialization Process

Important: The sunroof window and sunshade must be in the fully close position before starting this procedure.

Important: Perform the Teach Module Process immediately after completing the Initialization Process. Failure to begin the Teach Module Process within 3 seconds of completing the Initialization Process will require the entire procedure to be repeated.

Make sure the engine is idling and the vehicle is in park.
Press and hold the "Sunroof Open Switch" and the "Sunshade Close Switch" together for 6 seconds.
Release both buttons.
Press the "Sunshade Close Switch" until the motor stalls in the close position.
Press the "Sunroof Close Switch" until the motor stalls in the close position.
Teach Module Process

Run the Initialization Process above and within 3 seconds perform step 2 below.
Press the "Sunroof Close Switch" 3 times and hold the switch down on the third switch press.
Continue holding the "Sunroof Close Switch" until the sunroof and sunshade have stopped moving.*
* The sunroof has entered the teach mode at this point and the following operations will be observed:

• The sunroof and sunshade will move to the full open position.
• After the sunroof reaches the full open position, the sunroof will begin to close.
• When the sunroof reaches the half closed position, the front sunshade will close.
• The Teach Module Process is complete when both panels have stopped moving.
"

I did this and it stopped the whistle but I still have some wind noise I didn't have before. Going to try orandaberg's advice! Thank you!

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-08-13, 12:24 PM
:crying2:

So my sun roof was vibrating badly when I would close it. So my husband removed the sun roof (4 simple
bolts) cleaned and lubricated the track. Re installed it and it worked like a charm....no more vibration,very smooth...except now the sun roof apparently is not seating all the way- and I have one heck of a wind whistle. Really? Ugggh...
If anyone has any remedies for this problem I would greatly appreciate them. It seems it would have to be something simple... I hope! Thanks in advance....

Hello AmyinFL,

That is good news to hear the vibrating issue was able to be fixed by your husband. I see community members have offered great advice on the current sunroof issue. You stated you still have some wind noise but are going to give another try for a fix with a recommendation from orandaberg. Please let me know the outcome and if there are questions or concerns you have, don't hesitate to reach out to me via private message!

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

AmyinFL
07-13-13, 08:01 AM
Laura M- Thank you for your response. Still having a bit of wind noise. My husband has tried the adjusting 3 times. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance!

orandaberg
07-13-13, 10:00 AM
probably do not need to ask , but is your rubber seal in good condition? no tears or misaligned. Open/close the roof while someone looks outside to watch it seat itself. Look for any abnormalities, slightly catching in the rear, good seal in front, check that seal also, its in place. Maybe (if its possible it too far forward)

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-13-13, 08:44 PM
Laura M- Thank you for your response. Still having a bit of wind noise. My husband has tried the adjusting 3 times. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Hello AmyinFL,

I apologize that you are still experiencing some wind noise from your sunroof in your SRX. Have you thought about taking it to a dealership to see if they could have any luck addressing the situation? If you would like, I could set you up an appointment with your local dealership. Please private message me and let me know if this is something that you would like me to do for you. Thank you very much for keeping us updated.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care