: Rear End accident

adamjeeps
07-07-13, 03:54 PM
In-law's 09 Lade was rear-ended by an older Jag. She was going about 30-40 mph. She kind of went underneath rather than direct hit since her front end was so low. Her car was pretty bad, but the Caddy seems to have little damage other than gouges on bumper cover and hitch cover. Guess the hitch took the brunt of the force. Who else has had a similar accident and was there anything the body shop missed that you couldn't see? Anybody have anything specific to check out? I am very happy with how it held up, so much that I am having a hard time believing there is not more damage somewhere.

Thanks all!

evois
07-07-13, 11:12 PM
pics would help. somebody pressed their grill on my tow hitch cover as well. since the damage was just a deformed hitch cover, the dealer just repainted it for $150. to buy a new one plus painting would be $320.00. just have it painted.

blackex
07-08-13, 08:42 AM
once the rear bumper is pulled you can really determine if there is anymore damage. If not then the bumper can be repaired and painted and you should be good to go.

kazza93203
07-11-13, 04:27 AM
Same thing happened to me. Got rear ended by a Mustang. About a month later I had a Platinum rear bumper with dual exhaust magically appear. Best accident outcome so far.