: http://www.daimlerchryslervehicleproblems.com

Brien
02-21-05, 03:55 PM
www.daimlerchryslervehicleproblems.com

Just Incredible !:canttalk:

gothicaleigh
02-21-05, 04:04 PM
I am no fan of Chrysler, but similar horror stories probably could be collected against any major auto manufacturer.

ben72227
02-21-05, 04:12 PM
thats scary! I've always been against Chryler (especially Dodge) just because their cars have terrible reliability; i think its time to change SUVs when your durango blows its 3rd engine:p. But all that stuff about losing steering scared the crap out of me! Imagine if you lost steering on the Interstate:helpless:

Elvis
02-21-05, 04:22 PM
I've heard too many stories about Chrysler. I almost considered looking at a Jeep in 1999 but talked myself out of it. I like the look and size of the new Magnum, but there's no way I would buy one--I'm hoping a GM division will try to compete.

A fellow who works for me bought a BEAUTIFUL RED full-sized Ram pickup with the extended cab. He said it was the best-driving truck he had ever owned, but the transmission started acting up on him after just 18,000 miles. He dumped it before it hit 25,000 and bought a Toyota Tacoma. That's okay for him, he's always owned smaller import pick-ups. He bought the Dodge trying to be patriotic. Now he says he'll never buy American again.

c5 rv
02-21-05, 04:26 PM
thats scary! I've always been against Chryler (especially Dodge) just because their cars have terrible reliability; i think its time to change SUVs when your durango blows its 3rd engine:p. But all that stuff about losing steering scared the crap out of me! Imagine if you lost steering on the Interstate:helpless:

Go look through the C5 (1997 - 2004) section on www.corvetteforum.com about column lock problems. GM mounted the ignition on the dash and used an electric column lock that would occasionally not unlock on startup or, on rare occasions, lock while driving. I installed a column lock bypass on my '02 vette that disabled the column lock buy fooled the computer into thinking it was still working. Eventually, there was a recall in 2004 that didn't fix the column lock, but disabled the fuel pump if the lock was engaged. :rolleyes2

CoupeDevilleRob
02-21-05, 07:31 PM
Leigh is right, you could make a similar website about any car manufacturer, but seeing all this about Chrysler really isn't surprising.

I can't wait to see how the long term reliability of the Hemi pans out. It wouldn't shock me one bit if they all wound up burning more oil than gas.

Playdrv4me
02-21-05, 09:07 PM
GM has had a well documented and equally scary if not MORE-so problem on their hands with almost ALL 1997-2002 vehicles, and the trucks. I experienced it in my 2001 STS and basically dumped it because of this. The problem involves the intermediate steering shaft which is a poor design and loses its lubricant RAPIDLY over time. Once this occurs it mostly just causes annoying bounce and clunk in the steering over bumps, but there were several well documented cases of complete failure, including a Police Impala cruiser, where the shaft separated from the steering column completely and caused a complete loss of control for the driver who ended up in an embankment. Pretty scary.

DBrisson
02-21-05, 09:16 PM
Not sure about the rest of the product line but I have owned 4 jeep wranglers and with long commutes of my wife have put over 100k on 2 off them with no major let alone minor problems. The newest rubicon we owned did develop a seal leak on the axle housing but it was a minor issue. I do not know about the durango or grand cherokee but they havent messed up the wrangler yet..

D.Brisson

majax
02-21-05, 09:51 PM
GM has had a well documented and equally scary if not MORE-so problem on their hands with almost ALL 1997-2002 vehicles, and the trucks. I experienced it in my 2001 STS and basically dumped it because of this. The problem involves the intermediate steering shaft which is a poor design and loses its lubricant RAPIDLY over time. Once this occurs it mostly just causes annoying bounce and clunk in the steering over bumps, but there were several well documented cases of complete failure, including a Police Impala cruiser, where the shaft separated from the steering column completely and caused a complete loss of control for the driver who ended up in an embankment. Pretty scary.

We had that happend and the shaft ended up getting replaced. Ours just lost power steering to the left.

I know someone with an excursion that went through 3 tranys in 60,000miles. Also I read about some Acura RLs steering failing and the girl with her family in the car wrecked, they lived(seatbelts).

Playdrv4me
02-21-05, 10:29 PM
Im glad they replaced your steering shaft, in my case they just kept lubing it, and it kept failing.

Jesda
02-22-05, 01:00 AM
Hell, arent a crapload of Chryslers made in Canada and Mexico anyway? If you want to be patriotic, buy a Toyota or Nissan made in the south, or a Cadillac made in Michigan.

RealmCenter
02-22-05, 08:16 PM
A websight dedicated to flaming Chrysler cars... big deal, we could pick any auto manufacturer in the world and do the same thing. BTW the exotics tend to have the most problems.