: Bose Radio and autolock problems

Al Leverick
02-21-05, 02:20 PM
I have a 1998 Cat. Recently the radio stopped coming on when the ignition is on. Works ok with ignition off. Also, about the same time, door autolocks stopped working. Doors do not lock when shifted out of park or lock when in drive. Tried reprogramming, but that didn't help.

Vesicant
02-21-05, 10:25 PM
Can anyone help here?

Only thing i could say is maybe disconnecting the battery to reset the car.

How many times did you attempt reprogramming the auto locks?

Does the radio itself turn on when its in accessorie mode, is there sound?

Al Leverick
02-22-05, 03:22 PM
I reprogramed the autolock several times.The radio is normal with ignition off. Will play for ten minutes then shuts off. By turning thr ignition on and off - it will be ok for another ten minutes.
I believe that these two problems occurred at the same time.

74ta
02-22-05, 07:27 PM
I've had this same problem. Is your moonroof acting up too? I took my '01 Catera to the dealer for service for another problem and then I had this one when I left. Frustrated, I turned around and had the dealer check it out. The service manager tried reprogramming several times. Nothing seemed to work. Someone finally figured out that there's a "bodily function" fuse. When it's disconnected your car sh!ts like yours is doing right now.

It's actually called the Body Function circuit or something like that. The circuit controls certain Body functions when the ignition is on. I think the fuse is in fuse block on top of the battery. Mine was just loose after being jolted when the battery was taken loose.

Hope that helps.