: air shock pump

soleman10
07-07-13, 12:40 PM
I just recently replaced the water pump, spark plug wires (and plugs) gas line, and air shocks in the rear. Now I find my air pump isn't working. I'm thinking I'll need to replace it, but the guy at the parts store suggested checking for a blown fuse first. He mentioned "inline" fuses as well as block fuses but wasn't clear on location. Any input? I really don't want an air nipple behind the gas filler door to manually fill the shocks. This is a 91 brougham hearse.
Thanks in advance

turbojimmy
07-07-13, 02:02 PM
On my '94, and I think the older ones are the same, there are 2 fuses. One is in the interior fuse panel and the other is under the hood. Though the problem is rarely the fuses. Did it work before the work was done? They're fairly easy to troubleshoot. I'd start by grounding the pump relay to see if it runs and go from there. If the pump runs, get a wiring diagram and start hunting! In my experience, it's usually a wiring issue rather than the pump itself.

silverfox103
07-07-13, 04:29 PM
If you should need one, they're not expensive:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190531064126?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Tom

turbojimmy
07-07-13, 08:39 PM
My brother got one of those for his Roadmaster. It's slightly different. You use that motor but keep the stock compressor head. For $55 it's well worth the little bit of extra work.