: No Interior Lights

Deep1
07-07-13, 12:23 AM
Let me confess early that I am new to the world of V Owners.

I recently got this 05 beauty as a Fathers Day gift from my Wife.

I love it but the interior lights don't work at all. The dash and display are all fine, dim as they should and even the switches on the driver door are illuminated. However, absolutely no overhead or door markers though.

I've gone through the owners manual but nothing about a fuse location that controls this function.

Can ayone provide some guidance?

Teamsorad
07-07-13, 01:43 AM
There is a fuse box underneath the back seat. Do the brake lights work?

Deep1
07-07-13, 03:19 PM
Yes. That's what's making me crazy. All external lights function normally, as do the dash, radio and climate control lighting.

odla
07-08-13, 01:24 PM
Have you checked the bulbs?

Deep1
07-08-13, 07:28 PM
Now I don't care who you are... That's funny!

Yes and I also verified that the battery wasn't dead....

odla
07-08-13, 11:35 PM
lol. Wasn't trying to be funny but could see how it could be taken. Now i don't know what kind of bulb goes in there but when i changed out my little triangle light in the front of the car i had to adjust the two little contact wires in order to get them to work. Do your bulb look stock as in not a colored bulb? Maybe someone replaced them and didn't install them right? That's the best i got for now.

Deep1
07-09-13, 08:46 PM
Thanks. I'll give them the "old 180 rotation test" and see if that alters anything. Just for grins, I'll also purchase some new ones just to be 100%.

I appreciate both the tips and the giggles!

Deep1
07-12-13, 10:02 PM
Okay, I've purchased and installed new bulbs. They've been rotated, rubbed, wiggled and massaged. Nada!

Any components, pieces, parts or plugs that I could be overlooking?