: bcm and ccm

Fleetwoodboule
07-06-13, 09:10 PM
I 've been lookin all over for a CCM for my 94 fleetwood and cant find one, but what I can find are BCM s . Aren't those the same thing? I am confused and Im probably not the only one, so I figure this will help others. Maybe GM just calls their BCM differently...

85 FLEETWOOD COUPE
07-06-13, 09:48 PM
1 is in the front under the air filter box the other is in the trunk behind the seat

----------

I think its a pcm not a bcm

----------

Im not 100 percent sure but you can use them from a caprice,impala,roadmaster to so u just dont have to just find a fleetwood one, you just have to go get it flashed

Fleetwoodboule
07-06-13, 10:28 PM
I know there is a pcm under the hood, what I wanna know is if a CCM(central control module that is located in the trunk) is the same thing as a BCM(body control module) because the salvage yards have body control modules for my car but never central control modules:hmm: I think it is just two different ways of calling the same module but I wanna find out for sure...

85 FLEETWOOD COUPE
07-06-13, 10:53 PM
O ok well go up there and look for your self,brings yours

Fleetwoodboule
07-07-13, 11:23 AM
Doesn't anyone know about this ? I found a link that might back what I am trying to figure out any help would be greatly appreciated
http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/38t2o-does-bcm-control-93-corvette-my-vette.html

turbojimmy
07-07-13, 03:18 PM
There are really only 2 "modules" on the Fleetwood. The PCM (under the airbox) and the CCM module in the trunk. The CCM is also (incorrectly) referred to as the BCM. Newer Caddies have all sorts of modules, including separate PCM, CCM and BCMs.

That being said, I'm still finding it hard to believe that the CCM in your car is "bad". It's not impossible, but it's not likely either. Why would just the PASS-KEY logic fail? Do you have any other symptoms? Are there PASS-KEY DTCs stored?

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm thinking swapping out the CCM is just going to make things more complicated. At a minimum, you'd have to guess at what the resistor value is.

Fleetwoodboule
07-07-13, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the info about the ccm, yeah I had stored history codes 01-142 and 01-143 i believe, but the dealership diagnosed the ccm as the problem, I don't know why they would be wrong as they have all the equippement necessary to determine the problem. I've located a ccm myself in a salvage yard in my area(they call it a bcm thats why i've been wondering) so the dealership can't screw me on selling me something overpriced(module is 100$ at the scrap yard)...they will however be able to find out the programmed resistance in the ccm. There is nothing I can do except hoping that they are right...

----------

I know its weird cause I didnt have any other symptoms and i checked all the grounds and relays before sending it to the dealer, Im crossing my fingers

Fleetwoodboule
07-10-13, 05:02 PM
Hey just a quick reply to let you know that the problem really was the ccm ! dealership swapped one I found from a salvage yard(since that part is discontinued), cut out new keys for the new value and bingo ! Happy to have my baby back!! thanks for your help

turbojimmy
07-10-13, 05:07 PM
Good news! I'm glad I was wrong!

Cadillacboy
07-11-13, 03:25 PM
Good news! I'm glad I was wrong!

1st ever time ,I am glad you were wrong too lol