: questions about 99 catera buttons

k-dubb
02-20-05, 09:21 PM
Hi, I was wondering if you guys could tell me what some of the buttons do in the catera? My girlfriend went a testdrove on the other day and i wasnt able to go so i couldnt look for myself to see what they did. Im just going off what she told me.

TCS...is that traction control?

the little snow flake button, what is it?

What is the S button on the shifter?

What is the switch under or above ( i cant remember) the driver side window button? When you switch it a light turns either red or green?

The buttons on the rearview, I think there are 3, 1-2 are for lights im sure, but just wondering what each of them were for? Does one dim the rearview?

thanks!

97Catera
02-20-05, 09:56 PM
tcs - traction control
snowflake -starts you out in a higher gear when it snows for better traction
S on the shifter-puts the car in sport mode shifts at a higher rpm
red/green switch-window lock so others cant operate the windows only the driver
mirror buttons-garage door opener(the mirror i belive is auto dimming)

Vesicant
02-20-05, 10:23 PM
the TCS Button turns the traction control off... its on all the time (just incase you wondered)

snowflake only operates in drive, and up to 25 mph.

k-dubb
02-20-05, 10:41 PM
thanks for the info guys! Isnt the snowflake kind of pointless since you could just put the car in 2nd yourself?

Vesicant
02-20-05, 10:43 PM
Its about convience... and it turns off automatically. Just pressing a button. :coolgleam

How lazy is that lol

vogel81
02-22-05, 01:27 PM
If you put the shifter lever in third gear it will still take off in first, second, and then third gear; but it will not allow it to shift into drive. The snowflake does the exact opposite, it will only allow the car to take off in third and then allows the car to shift into drive. When you manually shift an automatic transmission into 1, 2, or 3 it will still start in 1st gear.

k-dubb
02-22-05, 09:10 PM
yea i was thinking that might be true with gm's, however that is not the case with my mustang which has an automatic. I put it in 2nd, it will start in 2nd, D and 1 of course will start 1st.