: Fancy Persuasion

majax
02-20-05, 06:17 PM
Here is the problem, my dad won't take care of the Deville. It's leaking the trany fluid from the trany cooler, the tires are dead, the suspensions aching, and the gas milage has droped for some reason. The brakes have never been bled in 70,000mi. What do I do, I am expected to tell him of the probs(and I have), should I just let him break something. My parents drive it and dont care, they got the STS now, lol. I am mostly concerned because I get this car in a few months and its gona to be a pile.:bonkers:

Kev
02-20-05, 07:26 PM
Here is the problem, my dad won't take care of the Deville. It's leaking the trany fluid from the trany cooler, the tires are dead, the suspensions aching, and the gas milage has droped for some reason. The brakes have never been bled in 70,000mi. What do I do, I am expected to tell him of the probs(and I have), should I just let him break something. My parents drive it and dont care, they got the STS now, lol. I am mostly concerned because I get this car in a few months and its gona to be a pile.:bonkers:
Get a job, fix it yourself. That's what I did at your age. :rolleyes:

majax
02-20-05, 07:32 PM
I have the money but I have to hold onto it for my 5 month trip to Germany at the begining of the next school year.

Kev
02-20-05, 07:38 PM
I have the money but I have to hold onto it for my 5 month trip to Germany at the begining of the next school year.
Life is full of choices, how you prioritize them is up to you. Of course, you get to live with the consequenses. Make good choices and you will be fine. :yup:

majax
02-20-05, 08:04 PM
Life is full of choices, how you prioritize them is up to you. Of course, you get to live with the consequenses. Make good choices and you will be fine. :yup:

Well if I go to Germany(and I will, top priority) then I will have something that I will remember all my life and something that will change me for my whole life also. The car will eventually die for good. I think I just need a better job:bouncy: I'm gona look for one that actually pays decent.

Kev
02-20-05, 09:15 PM
Well if I go to Germany(and I will, top priority) then I will have something that I will remember all my life and something that will change me for my whole life also. The car will eventually die for good. I think I just need a better job:bouncy: I'm gona look for one that actually pays decent.
Definitely go to Germany. Not everyone one gets that kind of oportunity. Don't sweat the car man, if you can get a nice job that will afford your the price for parts and service, great. If you can't, it's OK, there are a lot of great cars available, you can replace what you have later. It's all good. ;)

majax
02-20-05, 09:18 PM
Thanks, good advice:coolgleam

Kev
02-20-05, 09:48 PM
When I was your age my first job was as a 'Clerk's Helper' (box boy) at a union grocery store. It was great pay for a high school kid, $2 over minimum wage and there were other benefits available as well. I was able to get hours that worked well with my school schedule.
Just a suggestion for you.

majax
02-20-05, 10:06 PM
I am going to check the paper for jobs and drop my old one maybe. The cool thing is that about 2 miles away is the Washington/Idaho border. The state of Washington has the highest minimum wage in the U.S. It is 7.46 an hour.

I may check the grocer down the road, thanks.

Kev
02-20-05, 10:09 PM
Good luck! :thumbsup:

Ralph
02-21-05, 04:02 PM

Why don't they take care of it?? Don't they take care of their other cars??

Personally, I'd rather have a nice car than a trip to anywhere because as we all know the only problem with a vacation is that you have to come back! When you are older you can go anytime to Germany, etc.

I look at things differently than Kev obviously.

Kev
02-21-05, 04:37 PM
Personally, I'd rather have a nice car than a trip to anywhere because as we all know the only problem with a vacation is that you have to come back! When you are older you can go anytime to Germany, etc.

I've had lots of cars, from junkers to very nice ones, but I've never had the oportunity to go to Germany or anywhere else 'across the pond'. Yeah, I guess I do see things diferently. You never know how long you have on this spinning ball. That's where we have to set our own priority lists and go from there. :)

Kev

majax
02-21-05, 04:53 PM
Why don't they take care of it?? Don't they take care of their other cars??

They only take care of the STS. The thing is with this trip is that it would look fantastic on a college transcript:halo:. It does piss me off how they treat the car though, I need only $900 to help it. Lets just see how the job hunting goes.