: what a fun weekend

pimpin88
02-20-05, 01:20 PM
thurs night it was raining here and i was driving at night when WHAM! i hit a huge pothole that i didn't see because it was dark. friday i noticed that the car would shake side to side at slow speeds and tried to find out what was wrong but eventually gave up. saturday i drove the car from here to toledo, about 2 1/2 hours with the car shaking a little bit all the way and wheni got there, my grandpa got in the car, rode for about 10 feet and said i had a shifted belt in my tire. so we parked the car in his driveway and jacked up the back end. sure enough, the back tire moved back and forth about 1 1/2 inches. then my grandpa told me to put it in reverse so he could look at the other tire. then i went to stop the tire by applying the brake and it only slowed down a little bit. my grandpa keeps telling me to push harder so i do and then i hear PSSSSST! and the pedal goes to the floor.

we replaced the brake line and then my dad told me i can do whatever i want to the tires because he is going to pay for new ones. so from now until i have no tread left, i am going to be roasting the tires from stoplights/signs. yipee! although it sucked not having a cloud like ride because of the dumb vibrating tire.