: Window's fallen...

HUF
07-05-13, 09:48 PM
The heat wave was hard on my 95 Fleetwood. The front passenger window fell down 3 inches. I believe some plastic parts failed eventually.
1. Any temporary fix to secure it in closed position while looking for parts (rain, thieves, etc.)?
2. What is involved part-wise and where can I order some?
3. Any old threads to check out?

Thanks.

85 FLEETWOOD COUPE
07-05-13, 10:10 PM
Probly 1 of the cplastic clips broke? I ned to fix 1 of my window to,trying to find a diy thread on to do this myself

HUF
07-05-13, 10:23 PM
Probly 1 of the cplastic clips broke? I ned to fix 1 of my window to,trying to find a diy thread on to do this myselfWere you able to lift it up and secure it in that position, or you just left it there?

jayoldschool
07-05-13, 11:05 PM
Here's what I posted on the ISSF, but I added the link here for you.

1. Rubber door stop jammed between window and felt on the inside.
2. New rollers. Any parts store.
3. Yes, look at the second sticky in the "interior" section:
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=232364

Note: you don't have to take the metal armrest off like in that thread. Saves lots of time. When I fix them, I just put a cloth over the top of the door frame, and use tape to hold the window in place while I replace the rollers.

HUF
07-05-13, 11:08 PM
Here's what I posted on the ISSF, but I added the link here for you.

1. Rubber door stop jammed between window and felt on the inside.
2. New rollers. Any parts store.
3. Yes, look at the second sticky in the "interior" section:
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=232364

Note: you don't have to take the metal armrest off like in that thread. Saves lots of time. When I fix them, I just put a cloth over the top of the door frame, and use tape to hold the window in place while I replace the rollers.
Thanks alot! Good information. Will get the rollers from advanceautoparts and then start fixing. It will be another hot day here... good timing. Sigh...

85 FLEETWOOD COUPE
07-06-13, 12:18 AM
were you able to lift it up and secure it in that position, or you just left it there?well i think theres 2 clips per window if im not mistaken, so my window can move freely, so i lift it in place and i put a rubber hose just a small peice and put it in between the window/door panel si it would stay up

HUF
07-06-13, 02:52 AM
well i think theres 2 clips per window if im not mistaken, so my window can move freely, so i lift it in place and i put a rubber hose just a small peice and put it in between the window/door panel si it would stay upThanks!