: suspension goodies

ChurchSTSV
07-05-13, 08:16 PM
So with about 68k miles on the v, I am thinking about suspension. Since I am new, does anyone know the preferred shock to rplace the OEMs? Any other goodies I should know about when getting this all done? I do notice a tad bit of wheel hop under hard accel which prompted this post.

1madstsv
07-05-13, 08:36 PM
Wheel hop is not the shocks. My old car still has the stock shocks at 100k and it rides and drives the same as my 08 with 10k on it. The best shock for your car is the oe ones. Remember most of the v's if not all had self leveling shocks do they will last longer than the ones on at Honda.

wake
07-06-13, 12:10 AM
most of the v's if not all had self leveling shocks

Self leveling shocks? I was under the impression that the V got purely passive performance oriented shocks, kind of like what a Z51 equipped Corvette would have.

Mag-ride would have been nice. I had it on my 03 STS and loved that system.

My 07 is getting ready to turn 90K miles and I'm starting to suspect the shocks on it.

Fierofiend
07-06-13, 08:43 AM
You can get kyb front replacements. Here is an article on there nivomats.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/nivomat.html

264WOODY
10-22-13, 08:11 AM
Well to start off with I have an 07' STS-V. And I figured i would start with the simple things first. Sway bar bushings. I replaced the backs no problem, 10 min. and done, but now i'm looking at the front and thinking, really? how do i get to half of these bolts? is there a trick to this? can i reach it from the top? any suggestions? thanks.

TimmyC
10-25-13, 09:30 PM
Well to start off with I have an 07' STS-V. And I figured i would start with the simple things first. Sway bar bushings. I replaced the backs no problem, 10 min. and done, but now i'm looking at the front and thinking, really? how do i get to half of these bolts? is there a trick to this? can i reach it from the top? any suggestions? thanks.

Good luck with that. I don't think those are many to be replaced with the engine in place.

264WOODY
10-26-13, 02:35 AM
Good luck with that. I don't think those are many to be replaced with the engine in place.
Thanks TimmyC, I was thinking the same thing, just wanted to know from someone else if i was missing something. Grrrrrr.