: Any Pics of B, C, & D pillar insulation on ESV (with interior trim removed)?

NYS
07-05-13, 03:02 PM
Looking for pictures of the interior carcass of an ESV to see where and what kind of insulation there is in the B, C, & D pillars. I saw a couple of pics of a member's wrecked Esky (black, interior stripped, inside his garage) and saw some white stuffing in the pillars, and while wondering what it was, it seemed like a good idea to see if there are any other pictures around of the inside carcass of ESV so that a comparison could be made.

Anyone who may have stripped out their interiors to install Dynamat type of material, or other modifications, might have also snapped a few pics that would show what sort of insulation GM outfits the Escalade with versus the Platimum versus a Suburban etc.

I am particularly interested in seeing the pillars, as well as the area above the rear wheel wells.

Thanks!

the cadillac man
07-05-13, 06:35 PM
Looking for pictures of the interior carcass of an ESV to see where and what kind of insulation there is in the B, C, & D pillars. I saw a couple of pics of a member's wrecked Esky (black, interior stripped, inside his garage) and saw some white stuffing in the pillars, and while wondering what it was, it seemed like a good idea to see if there are any other pictures around of the inside carcass of ESV so that a comparison could be made.

Anyone who may have stripped out their interiors to install Dynamat type of material, or other modifications, might have also snapped a few pics that would show what sort of insulation GM outfits the Escalade with versus the Platimum versus a Suburban etc.

I am particularly interested in seeing the pillars, as well as the area above the rear wheel wells.

Thanks!

I have a regular escalade and the insulation is some thin stuff

But mine has little in the d pillars and is same above the rear wheels

NYS
07-05-13, 08:30 PM
By "stuff" do you mean jute padding, similar to what is put under carpets? A grayish colored mishmash of cloth fibers?

Or by stuff do you mean spray foam?

I think I'm gonna have to break down and figure out how to post pics of the areas I'm looking at. I've been registered here for a year, but haven't explored the nuances of this site as yet. I'm working on it.

Oh.. and if you have a regular Lade, then I'm still very much interested in the B pillar and C pillar padding, if any.

the cadillac man
07-05-13, 11:07 PM
By "stuff" do you mean jute padding, similar to what is put under carpets? A grayish colored mishmash of cloth fibers?

Or by stuff do you mean spray foam?

I think I'm gonna have to break down and figure out how to post pics of the areas I'm looking at. I've been registered here for a year, but haven't explored the nuances of this site as yet. I'm working on it.

Oh.. and if you have a regular Lade, then I'm still very much interested in the B pillar and C pillar padding, if any.

Is it the jute padding like is put under carpets its not spray foam by a long shot

I have to check my second row seat belts soon(they lock up when not needed)I will see if there is any behind them(I would say the b pillars are the same)

I would upload to a picture hosting site and post the links(can be done easier)