: Door latch not working on my CTS

glockky
07-05-13, 12:14 PM
I just bought a 2010 CTS base sedan has 37,00 miles. Today the door was not wanting to latch when it was shut. You would have to pull on the handle on the inside several times then you could get the door to latch. Is this a common problem? I have had this car for a week and I am already starting to get worried about it. I have to take it next week to get new brakes the brake dust I am getting is horrible. If someone has a simple fix for the door it would be much appreciated thanks

coolbrezze72
07-05-13, 12:29 PM
Hi, glockky. I've seen a video on you tube of a guy replacing the door handle sensor. You should check it out, I think I typed how to remove the door panel for a Cadillac CTS. Hope that helps.

glockky
07-05-13, 12:33 PM
So its not linkage that actually opens the door? The handle is hitting and actuator that opens the door?

coolbrezze72
07-05-13, 12:37 PM
I'm not really sure. I would watch the video.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-05-13, 12:51 PM
I just bought a 2010 CTS base sedan has 37,00 miles. Today the door was not wanting to latch when it was shut. You would have to pull on the handle on the inside several times then you could get the door to latch. Is this a common problem? I have had this car for a week and I am already starting to get worried about it. I have to take it next week to get new brakes the brake dust I am getting is horrible. If someone has a simple fix for the door it would be much appreciated thanks

Hello glockky,

Congrats on your recent purchase of your CTS! I am sorry for any troubles you are already experiencing with it. I see you are taking your vehicle in for new brakes; I would recommend while you are there for service with this issue to discuss the door latch issue. I understand you want advice from other forum members to see if it is a fix you could do yourself, which is a great approach. However, I figure since you will already be at the dealer, it won't hurt to discuss this new concern. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you would like to discuss any concern further or have questions.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

C "T" ess
07-06-13, 01:08 PM
It's still under warranty, why not the dealer handle it. While not a big problem it has happened to others on the forum.