: Make that 3 Cadillacs in two weeks

Faith76
07-05-13, 12:12 PM
We stumbled on a 90 Fleetwood last night. I had seen it before, but dismissed it because the rear end was sort of crumpled in, but last night we decided to call the number anyway.Even if it's just a parts car for the DeVille. He only wants 500 bucks for it and it has 70K miles. Plus it runs, steers, etc. "Do you want it to demo" he says. I shrieked NO DEMO NO DEMO OH MY GOD NO DEMO! LOL. Then my five year old says "can't you drive it in the winter so Stella doesn't get dirty?" She's a genius. So, it looks like I have my winter beater. Since my BF does body and paint, we can fix it enough to drive, and she has been saved from the demolition derby. Incidentally, the reason the back end was crumpled is that a drunk hit the car while the owners daughter was driving it. Thank god she was in a Cadillac, because she is OK.

cadillac kevin
07-05-13, 01:04 PM
We stumbled on a 90 Fleetwood last night. I had seen it before, but dismissed it because the rear end was sort of crumpled in, but last night we decided to call the number anyway.Even if it's just a parts car for the DeVille. He only wants 500 bucks for it and it has 70K miles. Plus it runs, steers, etc. "Do you want it to demo" he says. I shrieked NO DEMO NO DEMO OH MY GOD NO DEMO! LOL. Then my five year old says "can't you drive it in the winter so Stella doesn't get dirty?" She's a genius. So, it looks like I have my winter beater. Since my BF does body and paint, we can fix it enough to drive, and she has been saved from the demolition derby. Incidentally, the reason the back end was crumpled is that a drunk hit the car while the owners daughter was driving it. Thank god she was in a Cadillac, because she is OK.

Looks like we have ourselves a family of cadillacaholics :) WTG faith.
Btw, if it is a fleetwood coupe, those are fairly hard to come by.

Faith76
07-05-13, 05:10 PM
It's a sedan. It's almost exactly like my sedan DeVille only it is black, has leather interior, and supposed to have fender skirts. They were ripped off in the accident I guess. I wonder if I could swap out the seats? IDK it might look funny, just an idea.

cadillac kevin
07-05-13, 05:35 PM
It's a sedan. It's almost exactly like my sedan DeVille only it is black, has leather interior, and supposed to have fender skirts. They were ripped off in the accident I guess. I wonder if I could swap out the seats? IDK it might look funny, just an idea.

If you swap just the seats, it will look funny (since you will have black seats in a grey interior car). If you swap some of the other interior parts across, it would look factory, but that would be pretty involved (factory 2 tones had seats, pillars, headliner, and dash top one color and dash bottom, front speaker grates if applicable, and all carpet (including on door panels) another color....thats if I remember correctly.)

AElayyat
07-05-13, 08:12 PM
Cadillacs are an addiction!

orconn
07-05-13, 09:40 PM
If you BF does body work it shouldn't be that hard to swap interiors between the two cars. The leather will stand up better to the kid's abuse, but her kids will be missing some really good stories!

cadillac kevin
07-05-13, 09:46 PM
If you BF does body work it shouldn't be that hard to swap interiors between the two cars. The leather will stand up better to the kid's abuse, but heir kids will be missing some really good stories!

Indeed....besides, the door panels and front seat backs are really vinyl (shhhh)

77CDV
07-06-13, 12:00 AM
You are on fire, Faith! :thumbsup:

orconn
07-06-13, 12:53 AM
^^^ A flaming Cadillac Valkyrie gathering the precious machines to the strains of Wagner. The Forums have seen nothing like this passion since the TP rebuilt his Seville!

Faith76
07-06-13, 03:22 AM
If you BF does body work it shouldn't be that hard to swap interiors between the two cars. The leather will stand up better to the kid's abuse, but her kids will be missing some really good stories!

My kids are always getting yelled at about cars. Poor things

CadillacLuke24
07-06-13, 04:09 AM
Holy moly you rule! Congratulations on the newfound assortment of Cadillacs!

lacville78
07-06-13, 06:28 AM
Since my BF does body body and paint

+10 Points for even more coolness!

Faith76
08-26-13, 10:23 PM
Well, David forgot to get me an anniversary gift. So.... He gave me the Fleetwood for my own. That's better than flowers and maybe better than a ring. At any rate, I've added it to my list of Cadillacs owned.

orconn
08-27-13, 12:11 AM
Holy cow, Faith, you are the Grand Dragon of Cadillacs!

ben.gators
08-27-13, 12:35 AM
You know, faith, we have a saying here: Post the pictures or it didn't happen! :D

93DevilleUSMC
08-27-13, 12:53 PM
Welcome to the Cadiholics Support Group, where we don't treat your addiction; we encourage it!

Faith76
08-28-13, 10:33 AM
You know, faith, we have a saying here: Post the pictures or it didn't happen! :D

It finally stopped raining. I'll do it today, I promise.

Faith76
08-28-13, 03:51 PM
There you go. Felix the Crumpled Fleetwood with the yet to be named hearse in the background. Plus, for your added amusement, my kid on a ladder pulling shingles.
http://i44.tinypic.com/2ppg4dd.jpg

orconn
08-28-13, 04:33 PM
^^^ Man, get that Cadillac fixed and you can open your own funeral home! Maybe start with the saying "Go to the beyond today ... like they used to yesterday." Who knows they certainly use old Rolls for weddings why not "vintage" Cadillacs for last trips?

Faith76
08-28-13, 04:36 PM
If I could obtain a flower car, I would. Can you imagine? A retro funeral parlor. My BF could dress like Elvis and perform the services. I could wail and moan and sniffle into hankies. It would be amazing.

^^^ Man, get that Cadillac fixed and you can open your funeral home! Maybe start with the saying "Go to the beyond today ... like they used to yesterday." Who knows they certainly use old Rolls for weddings why not "vintage" Cadillacs for last rips?

orconn
08-28-13, 04:47 PM
^^^ I agree, Faith, I don't know about the market in uostate New York, but it would be a shoe in in L.A.! Hell, in L.A. there would probably be a market for "fake" vintage funerals or even vintage funeral "Rave's) (sp?).

Don't ask me how I know what a rave is!

Faith76
08-28-13, 04:56 PM
We have that 59 H&E Limo we could add to the whole shenanigans. Wow, why didn't one of us think of this sooner? Orconn, I was picturing a 2nd line trailing behind my fleet of cars when I read your inspirational post! What's a rave?

Cadillac_Fan
08-28-13, 05:00 PM
Keep going, Faith. Never can an obsession with Cadillacs be characterized as unhealthy. I previously owned four at one time and then the voice of reason kicked-in. If I had a pole barn or a lot of space, without question, I'd be up to 8 or more Cadillacs!

orconn
08-28-13, 05:17 PM
A 'rave" is a large party, usually with a disc jockey, that is staged by a teenage or other promoter. There is always an entry fee, which is the main purpose of staging a rave. A rave can be held anywhere there is a good size site that can be managed to have limited access. A permit from the city would be necessary, but in my experience raves usually staged in a clandestine manner with official involvement only when the police show up.

The reason I know what a "rave" is because the grand daughter of my neighbor across the street in L.A. thought it would be a great idea to stage one when her grandparents were out of town, so commandeered their house and property for the purpose. Later on the daughter of my next door neighbor was apparently in need of some cash and thought her deceased mom's home (formally the home of Mohammed Ali's newly ex-wife Veronica and her two children Hana and Leila) would be a great place for a rave. Needless to say I wasn't over joyed to have a bunch of young teenagers and adults over flowing into my yard and driveway, neither did the other neighbors on our block. LAPD did a good job of redirecting the traffic!

Faith76
08-28-13, 05:56 PM
That sounds terrible. Do they play techno music? I like crowded honkey tonks and juke joints. That seems like the opposite of a good time for me.

orconn
08-28-13, 06:02 PM
^^^ I have no idea of what they play, in one case it was too loud for me to tell that it was music. I am just learning the difference between "country" and "blue grass." I have no knowledge of the names of the various types of music I hear when pushing the "search" button.

Faith76
08-28-13, 06:22 PM
Oh? If you liked the blue grass, check out Old Crow Medicine Show. I won't confuse you with terms like "Western Swing Revival" and "Cowpunk" just yet!

talismandave
08-28-13, 09:50 PM
Yeah it's techno, I knew there had to be some reason it's still made! :bigroll:

Look at Orconn....Mr Rave! :mediumbanana:

Until I got to your explanation I was picturing you all full of ecstasy flinging your glow stick!

cadillac kevin
08-29-13, 12:11 AM
There you go. Felix the Crumpled Fleetwood with the yet to be named hearse in the background. Plus, for your added amusement, my kid on a ladder pulling shingles.
http://i44.tinypic.com/2ppg4dd.jpg
I shall name the hearse "hearsay" and I will feed it and water it and love it and pick up the pieces that fall off of it :)