: 2008 Escalade 3rd Row Seat Problem

kclark00
07-05-13, 10:53 AM
Morning,

First time Poster, but I couldn't find anywhere who had this issue. My 3rd row seats will no longer latch into the car, after 2 years of working like a glove, sliding in and out, they just no longer seem to want to slide into the latch. Both seats are having the same issue.

Just to be clear, I can't get them in AT all. When i try to press them into the grooves they just won't go.

Did I break my 3rd row seats?

2008 Escalade.

Thx in advance for your thoughts/idea.

KC

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-05-13, 03:24 PM
Morning,

First time Poster, but I couldn't find anywhere who had this issue. My 3rd row seats will no longer latch into the car, after 2 years of working like a glove, sliding in and out, they just no longer seem to want to slide into the latch. Both seats are having the same issue.

Just to be clear, I can't get them in AT all. When i try to press them into the grooves they just won't go.

Did I break my 3rd row seats?

2008 Escalade.

Thx in advance for your thoughts/idea.

KC

Hello KC,

Welcome to the forum! I apologize for the issue you are experiencing with your 3rd row seat. I understand how you want other members advice and suggestions on this situation. However, are you willing to take your vehicle in for diagnosis at a dealership? Please let us know so we can continue to work with you throughout this process. We can be reached via private message.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

incaorchid
07-08-13, 03:39 PM
Did you check the insertion points to make sure there are no foreign objects preventing their insertion?
Also, the latches on the seats could already be in the closed position so they are not able to mate with the mounting hardware.

kclark00
07-10-13, 03:45 PM
Did you check the insertion points to make sure there are no foreign objects preventing their insertion?
Also, the latches on the seats could already be in the closed position so they are not able to mate with the mounting hardware.

I believe the latches are the issue. How do I reset the latch so they are not in a closed position?

hrpatel17926
07-11-13, 08:46 AM
Pull on the release lever and at the same time slide a rod in the loop of the latch and push forward like if it was actually unlatching in the truck it will go backward and will open the slot it should be fine. Mine did the same thing a few years back, works fine since.