: Where to get State Inspection

300:29:1
07-05-13, 09:36 AM
I've generally brought my vehicles to the dealer for state inspections, as they've been within the warranty period and fairly new. My SRX is due by the end of the month. I'm wondering what others do I have an independent shop that I know and trust.

retcad
07-05-13, 11:05 AM
I live in Massachusetts and there are many independent stations that provide state inspections ($29) here.

If you have an independent shop that you trust, take it there, unless your dealer does it at no cost to you.

This will not affect your warranty.

Generally speaking, I avoid dealerships for routine maintenance, as they are usually considerable more expensive and inconvenient. Warranty work is another matter.

Good

Marc NY
07-05-13, 11:27 AM
I've generally brought my vehicles to the dealer for state inspections, as they've been within the warranty period and fairly new. My SRX is due by the end of the month. I'm wondering what others do I have an independent shop that I know and trust.Personally I would have your vehicle inspected at the same time you bring your SRX of it's oil and tire rotation maintenance service this way you will only need to make one trip and won't have to make two separate trips to get everything done.

300:29:1
07-05-13, 04:12 PM
Personally I would have your vehicle inspected at the same time you bring your SRX of it's oil and tire rotation maintenance service this way you will only need to make one trip and won't have to make two separate trips to get everything done.

Had maintenance done last month Marc. It was not convenient to wait long enough for inspection to be due. I won't need any other service this month. I like the idea of all my records being in 1 place. My Honda gets free inspections at the dealer.