: I FINALLY Own A Cadillac!!!

LuvCads
02-19-05, 01:50 PM
Last night, I finally acquired my 1st Cadillac. It's a 1987 Coupe Deville. It's a really dark wine in color with a white roadster-style top. We found the house where it was, and it was instant love at 1st sight.

I went over a pile of reciepts that came with the car, detailing major work that was done to it, and we took it for a test drive, and I was in heaven!!! There was no doubt in my mind about getting this car.

After taking ownership, we were leaving the town where I got it, and there were 3 people taking groceries out of their car, and they all stopped to look when the Cadillac drove by (pretty sweet stuff!!!)

I showed it off to my friends in town before the hour or so long drive home, and they were all very impressed. My buddy & his girlfriend that took me to get the car wanted to trade me my Caddy for the '88 Honda Prelude SI 4ws they got, I said f*** that!!! hahaha!!!

On the way home, the service engine soon light came on a couple times, I'm gonna have it looked at by a mechanic we know. From my experience with 80's GM fuel injected cars, that light comes on alot. I had 2 GM's that did that, and seen it countless times do it on others.

Will ahve pics posted very soon, going out now to take some more pics, I am so proud of this car, she's gonna get the 1st class treatment big time!!!

SCCCDeane
02-19-05, 02:23 PM
Well good for you and welcome to the wonderful world of Caddy owners

BeelzeBob
02-19-05, 02:43 PM
Congratulations! Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up!

majax
02-19-05, 03:45 PM
Welcome, I am looking forward to see your pictures.

LuvCads
02-19-05, 05:51 PM
I just posted some pics of the Caddy in the Deville album, it's the wine '87 Coupe Deville with the white sim-con top. Some pics were taken last night so they aren't the best, took some nice ones today will get them up soon.

majax
02-19-05, 07:05 PM
Awesome looking car it seems to be in perfect shape like ya said. I really like the cloth top.

Stoneage_Caddy
02-21-05, 01:06 AM
kickass ....i always like to see more coupes here ....

and your right , they may be older , but they still turn heads.....thats what seperates good styleing from great styleing

LuvCads
02-21-05, 09:04 PM
Hi Majax,

Just to correct, it's not a cloth top, I used to think that all those style tops were cloth until I looked in an 80's Lincoln Town Car brochure & saw that they came in cloth & vinyl coverings. The top is in mint condition, no tears or rips. The body is solid, with a few minor rust spots but nothing serious. And it also looked like it was the victim of someone's sharp-edged object all along the side of it. The owner had a big jar of touch-up paint that I forgot to take with me, will get it next time I'm in the area.

Other issues are the power windows go up & down really slow, the dome lights don't come on when the passenger door is opened (no big deal), the armrests have been recovered in black (common to see alot of these cars with worn door panels) it has an aftermarket antenna on it instead of the power unit, and one of the center caps for the wire wheels is missing (rear passenger side)

Pretty much everything else works on it. The night I got it, my buddy was behind me in his '96 Nissan Altima GXE & everytime his lights shined in my rear view mirror, it would adjust on me. Drove me nuts til i found the off switch lol. The fuel data computer & the a/c work fine. I know that when it reads 68 litres (Canada here eh? LOL) the tank is full!!!

I've owned 2 cars larger than this one ('75 Buick Park Avenue & '85 Pontiac Parisienne Brougham) and this car rides better than the both of them. The air suspension that is common on these cars has been replaced with a more conventional suspension system.

Oh, and another cool thing it has, under the dash on either side by your feet, are 2 blue LCD lights that light up at night while you're driving. The former owner emailed me the day after I got it & said his wife was sad to come home & see the car gone.

Apart from the minor issues, this car was extremely well-recieved by all my friends. They all love it, even the devoted import car lovers!!! Can ya blame them? And we discovered that my Cadillac is better on gas than my buddy's Altima!!! Isn't that something, a Cadillac that gets better mileage than a Nissan LOL.

The body has 229,500+ kms on it & only 80,000+ on the 4.1 V8. I have all the reciepts for all the work done since it was new. They were asking $2,500 Cdn. for it, and when we saw it, we didn't bother talking him down in price it was that nice.

Overall, I love this car. Out of all the Cadillacs built in the 80's, the 87-88 Coupe Deville in deep wine with a white sim-con top was my overall favorite. I can't believe I own one!!! I am so in love with it. And I'll be sure to share more pics of it as the miles roll beautifully by. I am glad to be in the Cadillac club now. Thank you for all your comments about my car & I hope to gain alot of insight into these cars in the future.

Now, how to figure out how all them darn buttons work!!! LOL.

D148L0
02-21-05, 11:01 PM
Welcome to the forums.

CADDYBLACK99
02-22-05, 09:06 AM
Welcome LuvsCads!

Your excitment is shared by all! We all remember our first ride home! Just checked out the pictures...very nice coupe! Good luck!
Thanks for signing up!
:welcome:
Paul

ELDORADO2K
03-02-05, 07:21 PM
Im really happy for you man.Thats one of the best qualities of us Cadillac people,true love and respect no matter what year and make the Caddy is because its all good! I remember my fisrt Caddy,a 82 Eldorado Barritz.Since then I've owned a 88 and two 92's. Therefor making me a four time Cadillac Champ!lol.

EvilXbox
03-02-05, 07:30 PM
Welcome on to the forums! :welcome:

kmhebert
03-02-05, 10:08 PM
LuvCads, I had the exact same feelings when I got my Brougham. And it's only gotten better since then! Congratulations on your new Cadillac. It looks fantastic. The one thing I would suggest is to replace the broken "Cadillac" emblem on the trunk. Mine fell off and until I got it back on I felt a little down. Check out eBay, they have a ton of them cheap! Your coupe is really great though, I love the interior tremendously. Have a blast with it dude, now you're rolling in style!

LuvCads
03-04-05, 07:52 PM
Checked out your Brougham on the link to your site, looks great. Like the color combo. I'm going to wait until the weather gets better here & put the emblems back on. I have them in the car. Part of "Coupe Deville" is broke off on the driver side. Thanks for the compliments on my car. Not one person that's encountered the car has put it down!!! I have a page on CarDomain that I just started working on. In Nova Scotia, my '87 & another '88 in Halifax are the only Coupe Devilles on the site!!!

Keep in touch, man & let me know how that Brougham's working. Ya never know, we may take a road trip down that way sometime, we're not that far away!!! Putting mine in the car show in June, that's gonna be a blast!!!