: Muffler delete on '75 Edlo?

Rockhead261
07-04-13, 06:57 PM
The cat has already been deleted, and I just found the source of my exhaust leak - muffler seam. I'm thinking I might just get rid of the thing and leave the resonator in place.

Anyone done this? Too loud? The car is pretty damn quiet right now and I wouldn't mind letting the Caddy big block clear it's throat a bit....

CaddyGas
07-06-13, 02:24 PM
Removing anything on the exhaust will make it louder, but that is a matter of presence. Straight pipe all the way back or keep it original is a matter of preference. If your state doesn't require a cat for emission do what you want.

70eldo
07-16-13, 11:56 AM
I went with Flowmaster (2 way in/ 2 way out) only (1970 doesn't have cats) and it was too loud for me. So I had it replaced with something more decent!
See my other thread on the installation result with film.

Rockhead261
07-20-13, 09:58 AM
I went with Flowmaster (2 way in/ 2 way out) only (1970 doesn't have cats) and it was too loud for me. So I had it replaced with something more decent!
See my other thread on the installation result with film.

Hey, thanks for the reply. My cat is "missing", but I'd leave the resonator in place.

I searched your posts to no avail - could you direct me to the video of the installation result?

70eldo
07-24-13, 03:39 AM
Hey, thanks for the reply. My cat is "missing", but I'd leave the resonator in place.

I searched your posts to no avail - could you direct me to the video of the installation result?

Here:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/classic-cadillac-forum/315209-new-headers-exhaust-muffler1970-eldorado-pics.html

65raddycaddy
07-24-13, 02:30 PM
On my 65 sedandeville I am running dual exhaust with cherry bombs that exit in front of rear tires. I encresead from 2 inch to 2 1/2inch at muffler. To me it sounds great. I can still talk on the interstate with windows down. I know its not the same but thought it would help you a bit.

Rockhead261
07-25-13, 07:23 PM
@70eldo, thanks for that link and the vids... straight pipe is definitely NOT what I'm looking for, but I think I like the sound with that Flowmaster. Might just go out and get a Flowmaster 40 and call it a day. :thumbsup:

70eldo
07-26-13, 07:25 AM
I still have the flowmaster. It is used but still good to go. If you cover up the shipping you can have it.

Rockhead261
08-03-13, 06:29 AM
I still have the flowmaster. It is used but still good to go. If you cover up the shipping you can have it.

I sure appreciate the offer, but I suspect shipping from Germany to NY will exceed what I'd pay for the muffler at Pep Boys. :rolleyes: