Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Quick question

848 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  boomys10 
#1 ·
Are the front ends of these cars aligns me or are they set from the factory?

The reason I ask is bc my sts v ate the very very very inside of my tires up while the rest of the tire has ~60 percent tread. The car is still under full warranty from Cadillac an I am wondering if anyone else has had a issue with this? Thanks for any input!

#6 · (Edited)
When I got new tires, the stock run flats (yuck) had very similar wear... especially the front right. From what I read at the time, it is pretty normal for these. Inside edge was almost gone, outer 5/6ths of the tire looked nearly new. Had a 4 wheel alignment done @ 43k when I got new tires, and they did indeed adjust the camber... but, they couldn't get the front right all the way in spec, and recommended some sort of kit to finish getting it right. Since it was a marginal amount it was off by (and I didn't like the idea of the hassle of going to a mechanic to get it done then going to get another alignment), I never ended up doing the kit. Just my experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.