: caliper

B1n2fra
07-04-13, 08:40 AM
Why is it that my front right caliper is blowing of a lot a of dust compared to the right side and after a short drive when I pour water on it, it sizzles and the passenger side doesn't. Could the caliper be stuck. I just changed the pads pushed the caliper in and the same results.

curtc
07-04-13, 01:31 PM
Definitely sounds to me like your caliper is sticking.

ITSQUIK
07-04-13, 01:53 PM
I made the mistake of Flip-Flopping the slide pins (top & bottom) when I did my brakes a while back. It caused the calipers to stick & burned up my pads which of course will cause a ton of dust from pads that should virtually be dust free!!

EChas3
07-04-13, 05:35 PM
Tire pressure running high on it after a drive as well?

These are classic symptoms.

B1n2fra
07-06-13, 06:23 PM
Found the problem. Not the caliper at all. The top sliding pin is frozen stuck. Does anyone know where I could get a new caliper holder or abutment piece with New slider pins. If that's the name for it. Any where besides the dealer

surgeont
07-06-13, 06:36 PM
Found the problem. Not the caliper at all. The top sliding pin is frozen stuck. Does anyone know where I could get a new caliper holder or abutment piece with New slider pins. If that's the name for it. Any where besides the dealer

Rock auto.com

EChas3
07-06-13, 09:43 PM
It might be worth your time to check with Chris Heath @ Rippy's just to see what he could do for you. Sometimes there are differences in parts and only tires are more important than brakes.