: Confused: when is the next V coming out?

tx_metabaron
07-04-13, 03:18 AM
Sill proud owner of a 2004 here with virtually no issues and 77 kmiles.
I do like the look and performance of the new V and enjoyed the Cue system i played with on a ATS loaner recently.
I see the new sportV( not thrilled by the look) but not interested in staying put in terms of performance
I am really looking forward to that next real V( but perhaps i should really buy a 2012/2013 current model and enjoy it now)!

Jinx
07-04-13, 06:53 AM
We don't know -- but we know it isn't soon, because they're building 2nd-gen Vs through MY2014.

M5eater
07-04-13, 09:06 AM
realisticly?

expect a 3rd generation V in a minimum of 2 years.

spearfish25
07-04-13, 11:21 AM
Long enough from now to enjoy the crap out of my V2 that I got a month ago :).

PNBLWZD
07-04-13, 03:18 PM
The 2014 model year gen 3 CTS will be introduced later this year, and have the new body style offering a V sport option, which will have a twin turbo V6. This will be priced pretty close the a current gen 2 CTS-V, and dealers just got their ordering packets last week.

2015 model year will roll out the full blown gen 3 CTS-V with the new body style, and will most likely come with the 580HP LSA (or similar +/-) used in the Camaro ZL1. Prices on this is going up into the mid $80k range.

Jinx
07-04-13, 05:26 PM
I find it hard to believe that Cadillac will unveil a next-generation CTS-V with a last-generation engine.

I expect history to repeat, and the new CTS-V to get a mainstreamed version of the ZR1-replacement's forced-induction LT1. The old LSA just won't be competitive with the newer more-efficient direct-injected turbo V8s in the competition.

As for when... conventional wisdom says the new high-end Corvette and CTS-V will debut a year after their base models, but we saw that convention defied with the ATS-V. I think with the ATS-V and the next-generation Camaro in line, the next CTS-V and high-end Corvette will wait a while. To use a metaphor suitable for the 4th of July: GM doesn't want all of its fireworks going off at once.

JFJr
07-04-13, 06:15 PM
I love the size of my 2009 V2 and could care less if it's in between the size of the M3 and M5. Why is that relevant? The Germans don't control this market and Cadillac shouldn't be a follower, instead of a leader. Maybe the Germans have too many models (it's their problem) and they need to be in tune with American tastes if they plan to have long-term success in the US. Why can't Cadillac create a standard to follow instead of chasing others?

Jud

MacBuster
07-04-13, 07:27 PM
As I say in every one of these threads...

No wagon, no care.

Thanks for doing it once Cadillac. Do you have the stones to do it again?

tx_metabaron
07-05-13, 12:28 AM
thanks all for the replies;it sure looks like someting will not be available anytime soon(but that next one will be sweet!)
i will probably look at V2 with low miles and hope to replicate my low issue/maintenance that am currently expereiencing with the 2004 original.
I will be reserarching the forum to figure out what to look for ina V2,what to avoid and common failures.

Cheers

1997BlackETC
07-05-13, 01:06 AM
It makes sense the V3 will be a twin turbo V8, they are going to have to do something about gas mileage, if they were to use anything like the current version it would just pull down their corporate averages too much.

spearfish25
07-05-13, 06:09 AM
It makes sense the V3 will be a twin turbo V8, they are going to have to do something about gas mileage, if they were to use anything like the current version it would just pull down their corporate averages too much.

I'm hoping for a S/C version of the new vette motor. Direct injection and cylinder deactivation. I really don't want turbos which the ZR1 will surely have.

IBMike
07-05-13, 07:31 AM
Sill proud owner of a 2004 here with virtually no issues and 77 kmiles.
I do like the look and performance of the new V and enjoyed the Cue system i played with on a ATS loaner recently.
I see the new sportV( not thrilled by the look) but not interested in staying put in terms of performance
I am really looking forward to that next real V( but perhaps i should really buy a 2012/2013 current model and enjoy it now)!

Sorry, I'm confused. By "new" V, I assume you mean the V2 (2009 - 2014) and you don't like the look of the nex-gen CTS (to include the Vsport)? The next "real" V is going to be the next-gen CTS body with some V upgrades, so if you don't like the Vsport, I would assume any additions to the V would leave that in the same catagory.

tx_metabaron
07-05-13, 05:46 PM
Sorry, I'm confused. By "new" V, I assume you mean the V2 (2009 - 2014) and you don't like the look of the nex-gen CTS (to include the Vsport)? The next "real" V is going to be the next-gen CTS body with some V upgrades, so if you don't like the Vsport, I would assume any additions to the V would leave that in the same catagory.

Yes,i meant the current V,which i did not like initially either( especially the back end,rest is great).
What am saying is that the next gen could be OK depending on how V specific fascia/ visual mods look like on the V model.
I am slowly warming to V2 now and really wonder if need to wait to see the V3 before i make the call.
I do really enjoy my original V1 right now ( not a matter of budget)- i think the lines/ look is just brawny enough and the rear is that perfect..

Squirlz
07-05-13, 05:52 PM

No wagon, no care.

I asked Jim Vurpillat this question. It's a definite possibility.

elphil
07-06-13, 03:22 PM

No wagon, no care.

Me too, also.

muohio
07-06-13, 05:13 PM

GM doesn't sell enough V's that going to a more fuel efficient setup will matter much. You are talking a couple thousand units out of the 3+ million in total sales.