: 2000 STS question

stealth92
07-03-13, 01:35 PM
I would have thought that since my question had northstar in it that it was a given it was about a CADILLAC! I'm not sure what the deal is with some CADILLAC owners but most car guys that I know are willing to de helpfull not try and talk down to you. I've had a comment about WIRES on a previous question, last I checked the plugs don't directly attach to the coil packs. I hope my grammar and punctuation was better for everyone this time and sorry for the inconvenience of having to to read any of my questions I've asked . Thank you

Submariner409
07-03-13, 02:00 PM
??? Other GM vehicles use(d) the Northstar engine in several variations. We have several members who drive Auroras...........and all Northstars are not created equal.

Please update your profile with your car, model, year - it sure helps with diagnosis.

I'm assuming that you refer to your post "cooling issues" that began with a disjointed, rambling message on some system problem or overheating. You were given advice to do some diagnostics and to read the sticky posts in the Engines: Northstar Performance forum - your several connected questions would all be answered in there, in a lot less time and space than it would take to type it all over again.

None of us are trying to 'talk down" to anyone - it simply takes less time to lay the facts on the table and steer you straight to the source rather than ask permission to advise.

MoistCabbage
07-04-13, 01:00 AM
I've had a comment about WIRES on a previous question, last I checked the plugs don't directly attach to the coil packs.Actually, your engine has coil on plug ignition. There are boots between the coil cassettes and plugs with a coil spring inside. No wires.

Submariner409
07-04-13, 10:43 AM
The coil cassettes and boots thing ----------- Yep, there's 1.75" of s/s coil spring in that boot.