: Cadillac CUE, First try

tswrod
07-03-13, 12:58 PM
Had the V in for her last warranty service last week. Great service at South Bay in LA, they nicely gave me a new SRX to drive as a loaner for four days. SRX drives great, quiet, nice inside...but that CUE system is the awful. Too hard to use and non-user friendly. Clunky inputs, hard to scroll, bluetooth is slow to switch over incoming calls, just awful - and there is NO excuse for it, it could be so nice. Makes me rethink getting a new V (assuming they put the V8 in next year). I am bummed, I really was looking forward to CUE.

Xaqtly
07-03-13, 01:04 PM
My V is in the shop too, because when they changed the oil last Friday they gouged the hell out of one of my wheels. They gave me an XTS loaner and I like CUE and all the neat gadgets, to be honest. But I am a tech nerd and that sort of thing appeals to me. No it's not perfect, but I found it pretty easy to use. I may have the car for another couple days, I'll keep playing with it.

dennych
07-03-13, 02:30 PM
Had the V in for her last warranty service last week. Great service at South Bay in LA, they nicely gave me a new SRX to drive as a loaner for four days. SRX drives great, quiet, nice inside...but that CUE system is the awful. Too hard to use and non-user friendly. Clunky inputs, hard to scroll, bluetooth is slow to switch over incoming calls, just awful - and there is NO excuse for it, it could be so nice. Makes me rethink getting a new V (assuming they put the V8 in next year). I am bummed, I really was looking forward to CUE.

Cue has issues with responsiveness and has an excess of touch functionality. I hope they bring back physical buttons like they did for the C7. A good mix of both. Another annoyance is that stupid touch capacitive crap underneath the screen.

spearfish25
07-03-13, 02:32 PM
Have an SRX loaner now and CUE blows. The nav is just showing a compass that only displays N regardless of my direction. Won't map, won't navigate. POS

youknooow
07-03-13, 02:49 PM
I've had ATS, SRX, and XTS loaners the CUE update in the XTS made the experience night and day compared to the ATS and SRX it was very responsive like a smart phone. The navigation is killer, you can enter an address like you do in google maps and in major cities actual buildings are displayed, the compass means the nav disc was removed.

Trapspeed
07-03-13, 02:57 PM
Experienced it in an ATS loaner. I was less than impressed with it.

1997BlackETC
07-03-13, 03:05 PM
Last winter when my CTS-V was in for service (was in a lot) I sat in a ATS Demo car in front of the dealer for about an hour and played around with the CUE and was listening to music. I thought the Sound system sounded horrible and I thought the CUE system was pretty bad. Give me the Command system in the Benz anyday over that and the sweet sound of the HK Logic 7 sound system.

AussiePete
07-03-13, 03:24 PM
I have an XTS loaner right now and have to say I find CUE pretty cool. Seems responsive enough, Navi is very cool compared to that in the V. Ford had the with highest warranty claim stats on new vehicles last year with 90% of them related to the Infotainment. Took them 12 months but they released a patch that fixed them all and everyone is happy. I would expect Cadillac to do the same.

Xaqtly
07-03-13, 03:36 PM
Have an SRX loaner now and CUE blows. The nav is just showing a compass that only displays N regardless of my direction. Won't map, won't navigate. POS

That sounds like an issue with that particular unit, not CUE in general. The one in my loaner XTS worked perfectly. I already got my V back but I played with CUE some more on the way back to the dealer. The only thing I had an issue with was the touch sensitive bars on the center stack, for radio volume or the home button or whatever. They were hit and miss, they didn't always register a touch.The screen registered every touch though, and it wasn't lightning fast but I wouldn't call it slow either. I thought it was pretty good overall. The nav was way better than the V's, and the backup camera was better too, with guides that moved when you turn the wheel so you can see where you're going to end up.

FLTRI
07-03-13, 04:20 PM
Just went through the same scenario with a 13 SRX loaner.

At first I loathed it. After a day of playing with it, I got to like it. A little. It has a lot of cool features, but is laggy, and having the screen all fingerprint'y is annoying. The DIC and steering wheel controls are very cool, loved that feature. Voice command actually knew what I was saying, the V never has a clue what I say, it's a useless feature.

Plusses and minuses. It wouldn't stop me from trading up if there is another V in the pipeline...

spearfish25
07-03-13, 04:36 PM
Frankly I'd much rather have a little slot where the screen is for my iPhone or iPad to attach. Then just give me an app that will control the car and I'll be far happier. Regardless of the not working Nav, the rest of CUE is more like PUE. It stinks like poo. It's not very intuitive and laggy electronics are a big pet peeve of mine. I much prefer the system in the V right now, even if it's considered ancient.

RippyPartsDept
07-03-13, 04:52 PM
FYI folks... the touch sensitive 'buttons' below the CUE screen are not to be touched on the silver bar
the bar is not the touch point
they are to be touched just above the bar where the ISO icon for the button is
just like you would on a physical button... you touch right where the ISO icon is

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-03-13, 06:43 PM

Hello tswrod,

I am glad to hear that you had a good service experience at your dealership. Is your vehicle working to your satisfaction now? Thank you for the feedback regarding the CUE, I will be sure to document this, as well as everyone else’s feedback and pass it along. If you, or anyone else in the thread, is experiencing a concern regarding their CUE, please private message us so Laura or I can look into your situation for you. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

spearfish25
07-03-13, 08:15 PM
FYI folks... the touch sensitive 'buttons' below the CUE screen are not to be touched on the silver bar
the bar is not the touch point
they are to be touched just above the bar where the ISO icon for the button is
just like you would on a physical button... you touch right where the ISO icon is

Sorry but if a button isn't intuitive, you've made a bad button. The fact people don't know where to touch or that the volume is a slider and not a tap button demonstrates engineering failure. Complicating something as simple as a button is stupidity.

RippyPartsDept
07-03-13, 09:19 PM
No need to apologize to me. I'm not the guy who designed it. Personally I have no problems learning how to use new technology. I understand that I will not always get things intuitively and will have to put in 'work' to 'learn' new things. I just accept that as the cost of progress...

CavemanB52
07-03-13, 10:44 PM
My wife has the 2013 SRX. The CUE is awsome. Once you get the update. GM needs make that a priority. Cause folks like you all get the shitty version which does suck. My wifes car took an entire day of updates. Once it was done it was night and day. Works great. I'd take the touch technology of the Caddy over the confusing multi layered sub menus of the Beamer or the MBenz controled by the one multiknob. I'm a Pilot. I like dedicated buttons for technology. BTW the volume bar works best if you use it as a slide. Place your finger down and slide it side to side to the volume you need. But I'm a huge fan of the Bose sound. So I like the sound too. Bias I guess. Haven't liked the sound of my buddies M6 over my V coupe. I say the Caddy sound system is way better. And he agreed.

thebigjimsho
07-03-13, 10:52 PM
I've used CUE in an ATS and XTS. They were both excellent.

spearfish25
07-03-13, 11:15 PM
I'm happy to learn new stuff and I'm tech savy. The iPhone was progress. You could hand it to a 4 year old and they'd be installing apps and playing games without any instruction. The CUE system 'hard buttons' stump everyone the first time. I bet there are many owners who still think the volume control doesn't work when they try poking at it instead of sliding. And the screen vibration when you tap it? Oy.

CavemanB52
07-04-13, 12:20 AM
Same as an ipad