: FINALLY. Not just lurking the forums.

AussiePete
07-03-13, 12:38 PM
March 2012 I joined this forum, 16 months later I'm now the proud owner of a brand new, 2011 Black Diamond edition 6 speed Vagon with 37K miles on it. OK so not exactly brand new, but for $46K I feel I got a good deal (especially as it has the sunroof delete option I was looking for). The vehicle was a GM Executive Lease in Munich for the last few years so (allegedly) has been taken good care of and while high miles for a '11 they are all freeway/autobahn.

The buying experience was a little odd. The day before I flew out to pick it up the dealer called and said he was getting the oil changed at a Caddy dealership who noticed a (strange) whine from the supercharger - would I have a problem with them replacing the whole thing. I said sure, I don't own it yet so why should it matter what I think. He showed me all the service papers when I picked it up and sure enough, replaced entire super charger assembly. Is that a score, or a bad sign? Anything I should look out for driving the car now? I have noticed a forward "jerk" when slowly accelerating to the point boost just starts to kick in - like something just hit the back of the car. Normal?

cheers

Tedboss1
07-03-13, 01:48 PM
I have noticed a forward "jerk" when slowly accelerating to the point boost just starts to kick in - like something just hit the back of the car. Normal?
This is not normal. Bring it back to the dealer.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-03-13, 04:02 PM
March 2012 I joined this forum, 16 months later I'm now the proud owner of a brand new, 2011 Black Diamond edition 6 speed Vagon with 37K miles on it. OK so not exactly brand new, but for $46K I feel I got a good deal (especially as it has the sunroof delete option I was looking for). The vehicle was a GM Executive Lease in Munich for the last few years so (allegedly) has been taken good care of and while high miles for a '11 they are all freeway/autobahn.

The buying experience was a little odd. The day before I flew out to pick it up the dealer called and said he was getting the oil changed at a Caddy dealership who noticed a (strange) whine from the supercharger - would I have a problem with them replacing the whole thing. I said sure, I don't own it yet so why should it matter what I think. He showed me all the service papers when I picked it up and sure enough, replaced entire super charger assembly. Is that a score, or a bad sign? Anything I should look out for driving the car now? I have noticed a forward "jerk" when slowly accelerating to the point boost just starts to kick in - like something just hit the back of the car. Normal?

cheers

Hello AussiePete,

Congrats on your new V Wagon! If there is any doubt that the jerk is an issue with your vehicle; that you feel your vehicle is not supposed to be operating like that, I would definitely take it back to the dealership. Please keep me informed and if there is anything you would like to further discuss or if you have other questions, we can be contacted via private message.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

RapidRob
07-03-13, 06:42 PM
This is not normal. Bring it back to the dealer.

As I recall, 'forward jerk', could be the infamous oem intake tube collapse under acceleration issue, discussed many times previously. Many bought aftermarket intakes to resolve it with some success ... just saying.

Rob