: Replacing coolant pipes - 89 4.5L

Allante49
07-03-13, 10:57 AM
I purchased a very nice low mileage Allante last July. I am now starting to use it for the summer, and after close inspection of the engine compartment discovered that the coolant pipes running underneath the serpenitne belt are rusted where they connect via a rubber hose. After much research, I discovered that the pipes are no longer made and only used ones are available. I was able to find 2 at Toms Allante Store and am now awaiting shipment. My question is this; is there anyone who has replaced the coolant pipes on their Allante, and are there any suggestions on the best way to approach this. I have been a car enthusiast for the past 30 or so years and have restored many vehicles, but this is my first Allante. After studying the routing of the pipes, I am thinking that I may have to remove the right front wheel / liner and skid shield to access the pipe from behind the water pump. There just does not seem to be any easy way to do this, especially removing the bolts on either side of the block. So, if anyone has any tricks / suggestions to make this easier I would be very greatful. Thanks in advance to all.