: Volant Intake Question

blackex
07-03-13, 07:56 AM
I just purchased and installed a volant intake kit last night. I was wondering about the installation of the box that houses the filter. I noticed after I installed everything that there was bolts still left over that would allow me to mount the box to the metal brackets under the OEM intake box. Since it didn't really seem like the volant box could move down into position anymore than it is I was wondering what everyone else did. Did everyone else bolt the box down into position or did they simply just leave the box resting in the position it's in?

Thanks

36dbldz
07-03-13, 02:13 PM
How funny I got mine last night as well. I took the plate out and screwed it in this morning. Now that I read this I kinda wish I didn't as if I need access to that headlight (bulbs) may be a pain in the ass so I may put it back in and let it rest on it

blackex
07-03-13, 02:35 PM
That is funny. My issue is the box sits kind of high and looks funny so I might be taking mine a part and bolt it down like it probably should have been in the first place. I was just in a rush and after I pulled out the stock box and placed the volant one in it's place I figured "hey this went in pretty simple" and now i'm thinking I missed a step lol. I'm also a little concerned with the plastic grommet that fits over the throttle body because it still can be moved back and forth after tightening the clamp down. I saw that someone sanded down the the outer throttle body to make it have more stick so I might try that also.

36dbldz
07-05-13, 09:47 AM
I just purchased and installed a volant intake kit last night. I was wondering about the installation of the box that houses the filter. I noticed after I installed everything that there was bolts still left over that would allow me to mount the box to the metal brackets under the OEM intake box. Since it didn't really seem like the volant box could move down into position anymore than it is I was wondering what everyone else did. Did everyone else bolt the box down into position or did they simply just leave the box resting in the position it's in?

Thanks

Did yours come with a cap or something at the bottom of the box where the ram air tube goes or does it stay open? If open will water get up in there?

blackex
07-05-13, 10:19 AM
I finally took it all apart again and found that there was a metal bracket that was used for the OEM intake box. I removed it and fit the volant box snug into that area and bolted it down. Mine did come with an optional tube in the bottom for the ram air tube if I opted to get it. I don't really see how water would be able to get up into there but I ordered a filter wrap and put that over the volant filter for added protection to filter out debris and dust to help keep the filter from getting dirty over the life of owning it.

36dbldz
07-05-13, 10:46 AM
I finally took it all apart again and found that there was a metal bracket that was used for the OEM intake box. I removed it and fit the volant box snug into that area and bolted it down. Mine did come with an optional tube in the bottom for the ram air tube if I opted to get it. I don't really see how water would be able to get up into there but I ordered a filter wrap and put that over the volant filter for added protection to filter out debris and dust to help keep the filter from getting dirty over the life of owning it.

Is there a cover for the optional tube hole if you are not using it, or you just left it open (the hole in the bottom)

blackex
07-05-13, 11:22 AM
It's just left open, well at least mine is for the optional ram air tube. I guess if it was a concern being open for you then you could always zip tie a zip lock bag over it or find a plastic cap to cover it up?

36dbldz
07-05-13, 11:36 AM
It's just left open, well at least mine is for the optional ram air tube. I guess if it was a concern being open for you then you could always zip tie a zip lock bag over it or find a plastic cap to cover it up?

Perfect. Mine has the ram air option as well but in all the pics I see there is some sort of cover on it, so I assumed there was to be a cap included to seal the hole. Thank you