: 2005 Escalade starting issu

vicb
07-02-13, 11:06 PM
Had a issue with starting our Escalade. My wife calls to tell me it won't start. When she turned the key, all it did was make some clicking noise. She tried a few times, but no luck. As I drove to her, she called me to say she let it sit for a few minutes and tried again and the dash board lights all seemed to come on but still did not start. She tried once last time but gave it some gas and it started. I followed her home with no issues and have restarted it a couple times with no problems. The only evidence of any issues is the digital clock reset to midnight. The voltage meter is showing well over 14.

Is this a alternator issue or starter issue. Up til today, this has never happened.

rfishoutofwater
07-02-13, 11:19 PM
TBH it sounds like an alternator needs replacing.

the cadillac man
07-02-13, 11:46 PM
Had a issue with starting our Escalade. My wife calls to tell me it won't start. When she turned the key, all it did was make some clicking noise. She tried a few times, but no luck. As I drove to her, she called me to say she let it sit for a few minutes and tried again and the dash board lights all seemed to come on but still did not start. She tried once last time but gave it some gas and it started. I followed her home with no issues and have restarted it a couple times with no problems. The only evidence of any issues is the digital clock reset to midnight. The voltage meter is showing well over 14.

Is this a alternator issue or starter issue. Up til today, this has never happened.

Sounds like a bad battery or the battery charge module

Jophusp
07-03-13, 09:54 AM
Def. sounds like a bad battery. get that checked first, it may be a simpler problem than your thinking.

vicb
07-03-13, 10:14 AM
i'm thinking battery too, gonna get it checked today.

vicb
07-05-13, 12:14 AM
Had the battery checked. They charged and tested it and said it was fine. But when I go to start it, the engine moans like it doesn't want to start, but it does start. But I am concerned it may not soon. Does this seem to indicate I need a new starter?

the cadillac man
07-05-13, 12:50 AM
Had the battery checked. They charged and tested it and said it was fine. But when I go to start it, the engine moans like it doesn't want to start, but it does start. But I am concerned it may not soon. Does this seem to indicate I need a new starter?

I would try a different battery as I have has batteries check out ok on the tester out of the vehicle and not work healthy in the vehicle

If the truck still has the sluggish start then the starter may be the culprit
Mine warned me one time three months before it failed only to get me at my uncles house after it died (it did after I had started the truck to go there)
Luckily he drove me home and watched my truck till I could get a tow truck out to pick it up and took to the shop