: Air conditioning problem

Benzalac
07-02-13, 11:01 PM
Hey guys any help would be appreciated, in my 2008 srx the driver side climate control is blowing colder air than the passenger side, which is really confusing me, any ideas what could be going wrong?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)

PJ1520
07-02-13, 11:13 PM
What are the left and right temperatiure controls set at? You have dual climate control up front. PJ

rlh6805
07-02-13, 11:14 PM
Right/Left blend door servo? A diagnosis with the proper scan tool may pull up some codes from the HVAC module.

Benzalac
07-02-13, 11:24 PM
Pj both climate controls are set at the same temperature 20 degrees Celsius , just the drivers side vents are blowing colder air than the passenger side.

RJ I don't really understand what you are saying, there are no lights or service Codes that pop up when I start

PJ1520
07-02-13, 11:45 PM
Someone can help me out here. But there are sensors in the dash that measure hvac requirements to achieve the set temperatures, left and right. For example, sun beating down from the left of the vehicle onto the driver would necessitate colder air from the left side vents to achieve the same set temperature for the driver versus the temperature blowing from the right side passenger vents for the front passenger not in the direct sunlight. I think there are two sensors on the SRX dash, right and left. My Oldsmobile Aurora (1998) had three dash sensors.....the third was center dash. PJ

n7don_srx
07-03-13, 11:02 AM
Add to the list of suggestion... if your system has a low refrigerant charge it can cause a temperature differential side to side.

rlh6805
07-03-13, 02:25 PM
Pj both climate controls are set at the same temperature 20 degrees Celsius , just the drivers side vents are blowing colder air than the passenger side.

RJ I don't really understand what you are saying, there are no lights or service Codes that pop up when I start

With the proper scan tool you can access the HVAC module and see if there are any codes set. There will also be output control functions to let you determine if the servos are working properly. The GM Tech 2 would be this tool. Also, there are no lights on the dash that would light up due to a fault in the HVAC system.

drod777
07-03-13, 04:02 PM
I have the same issue as well. The drivers side has remarkable temp difference then the passengers side.

08SRX
07-17-13, 08:46 PM
I had the same issue as well. At first the passenger side was just blowing warm air, while the drivers side was still cool. Now a month or so later, driver side is blowing warm and passenger side is hot. I am leaning toward low or worn refrigerant and am checking it out in the next day or so.

08SRX
07-19-13, 11:31 AM
Guys,

Just wanted to send an update on this. In my case this was not a blend door issue or anything else mechanical, but simply low refrigerant. It is ice cold again after a top up. So it looks like lack of refrigerant will manifest itself first by blowing warm air on the passenger side.

Hope this helps.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-19-13, 02:19 PM
Guys,

Just wanted to send an update on this. In my case this was not a blend door issue or anything else mechanical, but simply low refrigerant. It is ice cold again after a top up. So it looks like lack of refrigerant will manifest itself first by blowing warm air on the passenger side.

Hope this helps.

Hey 08SRX,

Thanks for updating everyone and sharing this information. I am glad your air conditioning unit is working correctly again. If another concern or issue arises, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

repnatl
07-19-13, 03:52 PM
They beat me to the freon issue lol. Another thing to consider is based on the air temperature in your area you sometimes needs higher psi to provide adequate cooling. For example my Ac pressure was 35 in Georgia but in central Texas when its 100+ degrees I have to set all my Ac jobs to 45psi. Good thing is adding freon is cheaper than the actuators behind the dash ;)