: I am PISSED!!!

rfishoutofwater
07-02-13, 10:18 PM
So had the wife take the ESV down to LES SCHWAB to have the tires rotated and balanced as we are leaving for a 2500 mile round trip vacation to california next week and will be gone for 2 weeks. She texted me and sends me a pic of our lug cover and its BROKEN!!! Our Escalade is a platinum edition with the factory 20"s and the hard to find center caps that seem to get stolen from what I gather. I AM PISSED!! they said they will replace it but they are hard to find. I dont know what to do!!!1

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd254/rfishoutofwater/f2e60834.jpg (http://s224.photobucket.com/user/rfishoutofwater/media/f2e60834.jpg.html)

1BadCadSTS
07-02-13, 10:44 PM
Nothing.

Have them call the dealer and replace it. End of story.

rfishoutofwater
07-02-13, 10:50 PM
I get that. They said they would TRY and find a replacement but couldnt guarantee it. I will stop by the dealer tomorrow and see if they are even order-able anymore. Trust me they will be replacing it. Its just this week has a holiday and we leave on Monday! They are going to pay for an overnight delivery if they locate one. My wife said they all were messing around and not paying attention to what they were doing. Kinda like state workers. 4 watching while one working. All the time there was 5 other cars waiting to come in and they closed at 6pm. Sorry just venting!

the cadillac man
07-02-13, 11:43 PM
I get that. They said they would TRY and find a replacement but couldnt guarantee it. I will stop by the dealer tomorrow and see if they are even order-able anymore. Trust me they will be replacing it. Its just this week has a holiday and we leave on Monday! They are going to pay for an overnight delivery if they locate one. My wife said they all were messing around and not paying attention to what they were doing. Kinda like state workers. 4 watching while one working. All the time there was 5 other cars waiting to come in and they closed at 6pm. Sorry just venting!

Sounds to me like that dealer needs reporting as that's not the way my local dealer is
I hope they do you right

rfishoutofwater
07-02-13, 11:51 PM
Ill be going down there tomorrow and be having a little chat!

the cadillac man
07-03-13, 12:43 AM
Ill be going down there tomorrow and be having a little chat!

Don't do something you may regret
Trust me anger is not good in situations like this(I know first had)

rfishoutofwater
07-03-13, 12:57 AM
I will be calm. I just want to talk to the manager and see what he has to say. I found 2 places on line and one is actually down in chino california which is where we are heading and they have them in stock. So i have it on the work order that they would replace it so we should be ok. I want them to have it over nighted so we have it before we leave. It just pisses me off because the guy i talked to that was the one that broke it (not the manager) was a dick! Thats what set me off. Then when my wife got home and told me what and how he was talking to her it made it sound like it was her fault. This tire shop is usually great with customer service and goes above and beyond to make the customer happy. Its company policy. So when this all happened it just set me off. Ill keep this updated.

amunderdog
07-03-13, 01:07 AM
You may wish to check your lug nut torq.
Nothing worse than being stranded with a lug nut torqued to 200ft pounds or a cross treaded frozen lug nut.
Reads like time to find another tire shop.
I had to fire one awhile back.
Went to pull a tire and they had cross treaded the lug nut on.
When I tried to remove the lug nut it I snapped the stud off.
I took it back and had them repair there mistake and have never returned.

wesyder
07-03-13, 02:04 AM
I will be calm. I just want to talk to the manager and see what he has to say. I found 2 places on line and one is actually down in chino california which is where we are heading and they have them in stock. So i have it on the work order that they would replace it so we should be ok. I want them to have it over nighted so we have it before we leave. It just pisses me off because the guy i talked to that was the one that broke it (not the manager) was a dick! Thats what set me off. Then when my wife got home and told me what and how he was talking to her it made it sound like it was her fault. This tire shop is usually great with customer service and goes above and beyond to make the customer happy. Its company policy. So when this all happened it just set me off. Ill keep this updated.

Sorry to hear, hope you get it straightened out in a timely fashion, i know i am early but welcome to cali, i reside jus next door to chino in eastvale

rfishoutofwater
07-03-13, 02:54 AM
Thanks. I grew up in chino but havent been back in 11yrs.

the cadillac man
07-03-13, 03:44 AM
Thanks. I grew up in chino but havent been back in 11yrs.

Just don't get arrested its not worth that

I felt the same way when my truck was in for a PCM replacement
Even though I told them exactly what was wrong they didn't believe me

So I wait a day or two to check on it(plus I had to see if I had left something in the truck) so I check on the truck to find the knee bloster and bezel removed from the dash and my hvac controls removed(I almost went nuts) and then seen they had the engine covers off and I was like wtf

I asked the service manager why they had my truck torn apart and he said they was checking the wiring I told him I never had a issue with the wiring
But they put it back together and replaced the PCM with my guidance
But ever since the bezel has a rattle at times and one of the lights quit on the hvac controls( did before they messed with it)
I did complain and they haven't done anything without telling me first
I got new wipers not long after and the service manager put them on for me no hassle

Just work with the upper level person and they should take care of you but I would start looking for a different tire shop just in case

rfishoutofwater
07-03-13, 12:11 PM
I called the local cadillac dealer abs they have 1 in stock @ $135. So i called and talked to manager. He was all apologetic and said he would go get it and make this right. So he would call me when he got it. Ill update once i get it

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-03-13, 01:15 PM
I called the local cadillac dealer abs they have 1 in stock @ $135. So i called and talked to manager. He was all apologetic and said he would go get it and make this right. So he would call me when he got it. Ill update once i get it

Hello rfishoutofwater,

I am sorry for the poor service you experienced with your situation. That is good news to hear the dealer was able to find a part in stock for you and that they are wanting to make this right for you. Please do keep us updated, and if there are any other questions or concerns you have, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We can also be contacted via private message.

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

the cadillac man
07-03-13, 01:41 PM

At least they are doing you right

Staying tuned for the update

rfishoutofwater
07-03-13, 07:06 PM
I got a call from the tire center manager and was told they have the new center cap. They got it from the dealer as there supplier didnt have any. So the wifey is picking up after work. So this makes me happy. I will though be buying another set while down in cali just incase i need them. Now we are ready to take the escalade on a much needed vacation.

Happy fourth to everyone.

the cadillac man
07-03-13, 09:14 PM
I got a call from the tire center manager and was told they have the new center cap. They got it from the dealer as there supplier didnt have any. So the wifey is picking up after work. So this makes me happy. I will though be buying another set while down in cali just incase i need them. Now we are ready to take the escalade on a much needed vacation.

Happy fourth to everyone.

Glad to hear you got a replacement

Happy fourth