: Ultimate Rice.

gothicaleigh
02-17-05, 10:11 PM
Rice is trying to pass a car off for something it isn't, right? Most ricers settle for souped up Civic 'sports cars' or even just false badging and fake race car modifications (wings, scoops, etc.).

The Ultimate Ricer (and I must admit, I am amazed that they pulled it off):
http://www.6park.com/enter7/messages/gvk21098.html

Start at the top with the NSX and scroll down slowly seeing each step as they transform it into... well, I'll just let you be surprised. ;)

evilrussian
02-17-05, 10:38 PM
That is soo sad... First, I saw the NSX and expected something nice done to it... Boy, was I wrong.... This is a typical case of "2 Gay 2 Curious" :helpless:

Kev
02-17-05, 11:05 PM
Wow! What an art! I wouldn't want them to change any large denomination bills for me! It looks good, but I wouldn't want to drive it. People would want to race me and the juice to looks ratio is off the scale in the wrong direction!

'Back in the day' me 'n my homies used to laugh at the guys that made their cars look 'pretty' first then run out of cash before they could make them fast. We took the 'sleeper' approach. Find an ugly, inconspicuous car, throw a narly engine in it and blow the doors off the competition before they had a clue.

DopeStar 156
02-17-05, 11:43 PM
LOL! Oh Jesus what a lie. Did you see the minivans in the background?! Those are even funnier! Haha!

509Rider
02-17-05, 11:50 PM
I would rather have the nsx stock but that is some impressive bodywork.

90Brougham350
02-18-05, 12:00 AM
Oh wow! It doesn't get much better than that.....In that, I see 2 epitomies. One, the epitomy of excellent body work. That's some quality work there. Second, the epitomy of pathetic. IT'S AN NSX FOR GOD'S SAKE! This is just a plain waste of time. Gee Corvette, wanna race? I'm driving a Ferrari.....errr....NSX.......cough*queer*cough

Brian

evilrussian
02-18-05, 12:13 AM
100 pics... what a waste of bandwith :vomit:

evilrussian
02-18-05, 12:23 AM
Dude, that Maui-Wowi shit got me really plastered...

http://www.ahru.co.jp/usercar/002/stage09/004b.jpg

davesdeville
02-18-05, 01:10 AM
It's probably still fairly fast so I don't think it qualifies as ultimate rice. Honestly, what the **** is the deal with those flagrantly gay minivans though.

http://www.ahru.co.jp/usercar/002/stage12/008b.jpg
http://www.ahru.co.jp/usercar/002/stage03/002b.jpg
http://www.ahru.co.jp/usercar/002/stage04/003b.jpg
http://www.ahru.co.jp/usercar/002/stage05/014b.jpg
http://www.ahru.co.jp/usercar/002/stage11/054b.jpg

*throws a Por Que*

ShadowLvr400
02-18-05, 02:51 AM
Actually, if they wanted to, that NSX motor can run pretty nasty itself. I honestly have to respect the skilled bodywork, though it's a bit annoying to have an NSX guts with an F50 skin. Personally, I like the NSX looks themselves a lot. I've also seen worse fakes. A number of Testarossa kits for Fiero's. Now THAT's just saddening.
As for the vans.... they get pretty bad there in japan. I don't know why though.

DeVillish
02-18-05, 06:06 AM
Those vans can get wild out here, bumpers that stick out 3 feet, wings like 3 feet high, wide body kits with rims widder and deeper than that NSX and systems like you wouldnt beleave! Oh and the 4inch quad exausts. Theres a gold one around here, but its really modest compared to some others. I'll see if i can snap some pics next time i see one. Cazy stuff here in Japan.

Stoneage_Caddy
02-18-05, 11:35 AM
the minivan thing is huge there ....Its a kind of status symbol for them .....they have competetion on whoose van is ....well the most overdone....

I forget the whole deal on it , i have a magazine article on it somewhere (no not one of those "ricer" magazines either)

D148L0
02-18-05, 12:10 PM
Amazing craftmanship, superb job.
Maybe the engine was going to be as tweaked as the body, in that case it would perform as good as a ferrato.
I guess you can still say ultimate ricer...

slk230mb
02-18-05, 01:39 PM
You have to give those guys credit for the time and money it must have taken to make that conversion. I wouldn't call that rice because they made it look like a beautiful automobile.

Rolex
02-18-05, 02:04 PM
I'd rather have a kit car made from a NSX then a fiero any day. I would think all the weight added would slow the car down too much. Anyway, the body work looks really good....it's a pretty ricer.:D

kmhebert
02-18-05, 02:11 PM
Wow, that is some high quality work. That said, I'd much rather drive my Brougham.

Elvis
02-18-05, 04:38 PM
I think we're all in agreement that it's some pretty awesome work, but I'm asking myself WHY?

The answer I came up with is that the older guy was training the younger guy in custom fiberglass work. I can't see any justification for spending that kind of money and time on a project like this. It had to just be an exercise of some sort, a dare, or maybe just settling a bet.

Take the high wing off of the NSX in the first picture, and I would have been sold. I'd love to have one of those babies in my garage.

Adam
02-18-05, 05:41 PM
i must applaude their body work but that thing will never be a Ferrari F 50 (appears to be the look they were going for). shame, what a waste of time and energy though. i would feel like a real jack ass driving that thing.:helpless:

turbojimmy
02-18-05, 05:54 PM
A for effort that's for sure. That's some quality work. He'd have been a lot better of financially with a kit, but hey if you have the money to blow on tearing apart an NSX what the hey.

For what he has in it he could afford a real exotic.

Jim

davesdeville
02-18-05, 06:09 PM
i have a magazine article on it somewhere (no not one of those "ricer" magazines either)

You should scan that...

majax
02-18-05, 08:18 PM
Thats aweseome I wonder if they have fooled anyone.

D148L0
02-18-05, 08:42 PM
Plenty, I bet.

Rolex
02-19-05, 04:49 PM
Take the high wing off of the NSX in the first picture, and I would have been sold. I'd love to have one of those babies in my garage.

:yeah:

RealmCenter
02-19-05, 05:18 PM
Elvis must have read both our minds. That NSX whould have been a beauty without the ridiculous wing. I also applaud the fabrication work, maybe they did hot rod out the motor, you never know.

Vesicant
02-19-05, 06:03 PM
I'd like a N* powered NSX... sure :D

ja killz
02-19-05, 07:28 PM
Gotta give em some credit.. but jeez sucks for people who actually spend the money for the real car ha

gothicaleigh
02-19-05, 08:02 PM
I was thinking why someone would do that...

Do you think that maybe it is one of those mock ups that they create for movies?

Kev
02-19-05, 08:07 PM
I was thinking why someone would do that...

Do you think that maybe it is one of those mock ups that they create for movies?
Good point, but would the NSX be common and cheap enough for that?

Kev
02-19-05, 08:11 PM
Of course, I'm assuming that they, like us here in Hollywood, would need a number of identical cars due to our propensity to wreck cars in movies.
:yup:

gothicaleigh
02-20-05, 01:09 AM

I dunno. I suppose they would need a car that would be passable enough as a Ferrari...

Does anyone know how common NSX's are in Japan? Maybe as common as Camaros and Firebirds in the US? If that's the case, I could see them using it...

This really has me interested now. :)

ja killz
02-20-05, 07:47 AM
do you really think theyd wreck 5 80,000 $ cars though, im sure theyd go for a more fitting brand like a suzuki, considering its cheap and also made there

Albertomac
02-24-05, 03:14 PM
I LIKED IT... I think it looks cool.. its like that show on my pimp my ride when they transformed a Golf with a Bmw front.. I was thinking Myself about buying a replica car...

CaddyGeek
02-24-05, 05:35 PM
Does anyone know how common NSX's are in Japan? Maybe as common as Camaros and Firebirds in the US?

While I'm sure there a premium to ship the cars here from Japan (an NSX is $90K from a local dealer)...I'd bet the car is still about $75K in Japan. Therefore, I'd say it's probably as common as a Viper, rather than an F-Body.

My $0.02