: Cadillac Traction Control Superior?

Rich H
02-17-05, 10:56 PM
Check out this article comparing Cadillac's traction control system to other brands. Tests were on a snow and ice covered track in Steamboat. Makes me think I need to take my V skiing sometime. :coolgleam

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=104736?mktcat=insideline&kw=HTML&mktid=NL990320&DARTmail

benjet
02-17-05, 11:23 PM
Nice!:thumbsup:

globed70
02-17-05, 11:49 PM
Check out this article comparing Cadillac's traction control system to other brands. Tests were on a snow and ice covered track in Steamboat. Makes me think I need to take my V skiing sometime. :coolgleam

I believe the Caddy (and similar GM) traction/stability control systems are the BEST in the business. However, me thinks performance tires and 400 ft/lb of torque will keep you from wanting to hit the snow anytime soon. Mount a set of real all-seasons, or better yet snow tires, if you really want to bring the skis.

Koooop
02-18-05, 12:37 AM
The Cadillac Stabilitrac system rocks, it's the best I've driven.

beers
02-18-05, 12:42 AM
a lot of the car reviews I've read have said the same thing - the Caddy Stabilitrak system will let you hang it out there a little more than the German competition...

lawfive
02-18-05, 12:55 AM
a lot of the car reviews I've read have said the same thing - the Caddy Stabilitrak system will let you hang it out there a little more than the German competition...

Yeah, "Not a lot of nannying" is the quote I remember.

ctsvett
02-18-05, 02:23 AM
with bald tires in the back, I was getting on an uphill steeply banked onramp the other day (dry) quite agressivly from a stop. As I pulled second and just as expected the back end went out. Now, TC was fully on (not even competitive mode). I was mid counter steer when the TC FINALLY kicked in. I was surprised how far it let me take the car in NORMAL mode. Its definintly fun and it does give me piece of mind.

I had a guy I work with spin his Boxter in just a light rain going around a standard street corner. TC would have saved him, but his bill was 4500 in wheels, and suspension fixes. He says he is going to get a car with TC next time. (no comments about how Porsche owners can't drive, I gave him enough flack already)

If you are going to have 400 hp and drive in the rain/ snow (for some of you), better to have the TC.

Reed
http://www.cadillacfaq.com

thebigjimsho
02-18-05, 07:15 PM
The system is wonderful in the way it lets you learn the car's habits and limits. Big help at the track, especially if it's your first time.