: Newbie here Question on trunk release button 2011

karinz40
07-02-13, 06:45 PM
I'm new here. and just got a 2011 CTS two weeks ago, my first after years of Fireburds, Mustangs and such decided in my last remaining years to enjoy the best of the bet. Anyway. This is beautiful black 4 door CTS and I have found most of the buttons and uses but cannot find a auto trunk release other than on the kew fob. Checked the book ans saw some models have something on driver door side but not on mine, Any ideas ? Really appreciate the help.

Thanks
Karen

CTSCHICK
07-02-13, 06:52 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/sxzwgh.gif

jeffc83
07-02-13, 07:36 PM
Great pic CTSCHICK! Although it is an example of the coupe, the 4 door is exactly the same. You also have a "button" under the trunk lid above the license plate.

Congrats and enjoy your new CTS! I'm sure you'll find lots of good info here so start browsing:)

karinz40
07-02-13, 07:56 PM
Thank you, found it! One more question I forgot and may have to take the car back for service but the Passenger Airbag lite on the middle panel says Pass airbag OFF and is lit. I found instruction on line about taking a fuse out of the back and
and putting back to reset everything. Does that sound right?

Thanks
Karen

somedaycts
07-02-13, 11:23 PM
It should say OFF unless someone is sitting in the seat. If someone is sitting in the seat, it should say ON.

jeffc83
07-03-13, 07:37 AM
That airbag light wouldn't be so bad of it wasn't so bright...wish we could at least dim it.

Surfstix
07-03-13, 08:07 AM
A certain amount of weight on the passenger seat will turn the light on also.

jeffc83
07-03-13, 08:46 AM
It caught my eye several times on my way to work this morning and am thinking of pastidipping it. (or something similar) It's definitely not necessary to be there but is a law now I believe.

tinman
07-03-13, 09:09 AM
The light is stupid to have "on" when the airbag is off. I suppose it is for the one time that someone sits there and you can see if it is malfunctioning. Nonetheless, it is annoying. After a while you will just tune it out.

How difficult is it to remove those buttons and maybe paint behind the button?

C "T" ess
07-03-13, 10:25 AM
just put a small piece of tape over it.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-03-13, 11:29 AM
I'm new here. and just got a 2011 CTS two weeks ago, my first after years of Fireburds, Mustangs and such decided in my last remaining years to enjoy the best of the bet. Anyway. This is beautiful black 4 door CTS and I have found most of the buttons and uses but cannot find a auto trunk release other than on the kew fob. Checked the book ans saw some models have something on driver door side but not on mine, Any ideas ? Really appreciate the help.

Thanks
Karen

Hello Karen,

Congrats on your CTS and welcome to the forum! I see other members have already engaged with you and helped answer your question. This site is great to get advice from other Cadillac owners and lovers. I also see other members provided insight on the airbag light. If you do have additional questions or concerns, we are here to help! We can be reached via private message to further discuss anything.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

jeffc83
07-03-13, 07:11 PM
just put a small piece of tape over it.

That's what I did at lunch today...lol. All we had was electrical tape but it worked. (until the adhesive gives way of course)

Still thinking of platstdipping it...