: Radiator Leak

NolaBoy
02-17-05, 09:10 PM
I have a small leak in one of the tanks in my radiator on my 99 Cat. I bought some stop leak for it until i take it to the shop. I dont see where i can pour it in the radiator. I dont see a fill point. Could somebody help me out on this? Thanks

Vesicant
02-17-05, 10:28 PM
Are you refering to the coolant reservoir? or the radiator has a leak?

Reguardless, to put the stopleak in, pop off either the upper or lower radiator hose(s) running to the radiator and put it in there.

NolaBoy
02-17-05, 10:38 PM
I am reffering to the radiator itself. The radiator does not have a cap on it right. So I have to pour the stop leak directly into one of the radiator hoses to introduce it to the cooling system.

Vesicant
02-17-05, 10:44 PM
Correct.

NolaBoy
02-17-05, 10:56 PM
Got It, Now how long should i let the car run after i reconnect the hose. Thanks for all the help

Vesicant
02-17-05, 11:06 PM
It may take a day or two of good driving for the stuff to circulate and to its job.

NolaBoy
02-17-05, 11:21 PM
One more question. Bar's has a couple of different types of radiator stopleak. I noticed the Liquid Aluminum Radiator Stop Leak and the Radiator Stop Leak and Conditioner. Which one would you recommend to use.

Vesicant
02-18-05, 05:01 PM
I dont have much background in the area of stop-leak additives, so im not real knowledgeable as to which one is better than the other.

I will say though that the conditioner sounds like its for an vehicle with more high mileage.

Its up to you.

NolaBoy
02-18-05, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the help dude:thumbsup: