: Where is Ian?

Playdrv4me
02-17-05, 07:22 PM
In case anyone has wondered where Ive disappeared off to (doubtful ;). I will be performing my moving tasks over the next couple of days and hope to have regular internet access again beginning about the first of March.

I sold my Lexus and am currently shopping trucks. Im in Kansas right now with my dealer friend, and currently im looking at either a 2004 Black on Black Nissan Murano AWD SL fully loaded with Xenon lights, leather, sunroof, and a headrest TV's customization which is on the lower end of my budget, OR for everyone who has wondered if Im ever going to get another GM product... a 2004 Avalanche which is ULTRA customized, black on tan leather interior, shaved EscaladeEXT Tailgate which does not have the CHEVROLET imprint, tv's in the headrests (i swear that is the weirdest coincedence) with complete multimedia switching capabilities (Playstation, DVD, VCR etc), 22" rims with matching Nitto tires, billet grille, chrome GM sidesteps and custom exhaust, which is on the higher end of my budget.

I will let you all know how it shakes out.

slk230mb
02-17-05, 07:57 PM
Good luck with picking a new car, and I hope you have an easy move. I'm sure Ralph will be heart broken that you sold the Lexus.... :devil:

majax
02-17-05, 10:55 PM
Why did you sell that car:hmm: Why are you going all over the place to find a car now :hmm: :hide:

davesdeville
02-18-05, 12:40 AM
He's moving somewhere in the northeast where he wants 4wd.

majax
02-18-05, 01:43 AM
He's moving somewhere in the northeast where he wants 4wd.

AWESOME sorry I forgot to read that somewhere

Playdrv4me
02-18-05, 02:19 AM
oops... should have cleared that up a little more. I need something with a little more utility and AWD or 4X4 for my move northeast to PA. I got a good amount for my Lexus and Ive wanted a GM truck of some sort for a while now. This Avalanche is something else for sure, I started out wanting an Escalade but when I saw the care and time that went into this Avalanche I was extremely impressed. The Murano isnt half bad either.

D148L0
02-18-05, 12:16 PM
Who's Ian? ;)
J/K man... best of luck to you.

airbalancer
02-18-05, 01:28 PM
i do like 2004 Avalanche but since you flip your rides all the time (is this 5 in the last 1-1/2 years) i would not get this 2004 Avalanche since you do not have kids why do want "tv's in the headrests (i swear that is the weirdest coincedence) with complete multimedia switching capabilities (Playstation, DVD, VCR etc". if you have some lady with you , what you are going take her into the bach seat, to show off the toys.
go with a LT, EXT for a ride

Stoneage_Caddy
02-18-05, 02:19 PM
20 inch wheels ? nitto tires? SNOW????

sheesh .....youd be beatter off with the lexus and tract ctl in that case

Playdrv4me
02-18-05, 09:25 PM
20 inch wheels ? nitto tires? SNOW????

sheesh .....youd be beatter off with the lexus and tract ctl in that case

Yea, I thought about that however I can get factory Avalanche wheels cheap and swap the bigger rims in the summer and springtime. Plus I need the cargo space.

Stoneage_Caddy
02-18-05, 10:13 PM
yah , i guess its a good point ...You probably dont live like me....i have no space for a extra set of four ....dont know where my stockers are going when the DTS stuff is put on the car

Ralph
02-19-05, 01:39 PM
Yea, I thought about that however I can get factory Avalanche wheels cheap and swap the bigger rims in the summer and springtime. Plus I need the cargo space.

Oy! Again with two strange choices Ian. :helpless: :p

I would go for Avalanche I suppose,and suprised you sold that Lexus so fast. Hope you made some money off it.

Playdrv4me
02-20-05, 09:23 PM
Here is a picture of the Avalanche. I actually signed the contract on the Murano, but I couldnt stand it so my friend was gracious enough to get me back into the Avalanche. In his defense, the reason I ended up in the Murano was because he was trying to drill it into my head that the Avalanche is going to be trash resale-wise in about a year, but I couldnt stand the size and power of the Murano so Im getting the avalanche anyway...

http://home.satx.rr.com/inebaysite/Av1.jpg

slk230mb
02-20-05, 09:43 PM
Here is a picture of the Avalanche. I actually signed the contract on the Murano, but I couldnt stand it so my friend was gracious enough to get me back into the Avalanche. In his defense, the reason I ended up in the Murano was because he was trying to drill it into my head that the Avalanche is going to be trash resale-wise in about a year, but I couldnt stand the size and power of the Murano so Im getting the avalanche anyway...

http://home.satx.rr.com/inebaysite/Av1.jpg

Looks good.

90Brougham350
02-20-05, 10:33 PM
Very nice looking vehicle there chief. Best of luck to ya,

Brian

Stoneage_Caddy
02-20-05, 10:35 PM
i thinks thats one of those "naked" avalanches ....if it is then a outstanding choice on your part ....

To be honest , GM trucks have some of the best resale values out there , our silverado has done very well for on us on resale ...if we could ever find it in ourselves to get rid of it...

slk230mb
02-21-05, 12:17 AM
i thinks thats one of those "naked" avalanches ....if it is then a outstanding choice on your part ....

Yea, they def. look better than those with all that cladding on them. It doesn't bother me in the EXT, because its painted the body color.

Ralph
02-21-05, 03:41 PM
he was trying to drill it into my head that the Avalanche is going to be trash resale-wise in about a year

If everyone thought like your friend, then NO ONE would ever buy a Cadillac or an American vehicle in the first place!

I find that a scary thought indeed!