: Cracked windshield

pVu
07-02-13, 02:35 PM
Has anyone has to replace their windshield? Is it a special glass due to the cars high speed potential?

baabootoo
07-02-13, 02:40 PM
Nah, just the windshield for that car.

Club Malibu
07-03-13, 01:39 PM
I read somewhere long time ago here on the forum that the CTS-V has a different part number than the regular CTS. Do your homework and double check dealership.

pVu
07-03-13, 03:09 PM
Ok thanks for the information. I'll be sure to keep researching to see what's available.

1997BlackETC
07-03-13, 03:10 PM
I would make sure to get the OEM glass through GM to be safe, you can have a independent installer do the job, just have em order the glass through GM, your insurance should pay for it depending on the laws in your State. This windshields do crack easily though, mine a small stone hit it and the whole windshield had to be changed out, but they did the job right and you'd never know it. Pretty easy windshield to replace, they did the job in about 20 minutes, no problems.

tinman
07-03-13, 04:25 PM
That is one good thing about insurance in Florida. Maybe the only good thing about insurance in Florida.

Bnlong
12-05-14, 01:53 PM
I have a 2013 srx and just noticed a hairline crack midway up on passenger side. no impact just started from roof pillar extending about 5 inches to center
seems this is not uncommon from what II have read. will be contacting dealer

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-11-14, 10:21 PM
I have a 2013 srx and just noticed a hairline crack midway up on passenger side. no impact just started from roof pillar extending about 5 inches to center
seems this is not uncommon from what II have read. will be contacting dealer

Bnlong,

My apologies regarding your hairline crack. Although I understand your displeasure, it's great that you will proactively reach out to your dealer for an official diagnosis. Keep us in the loop and updated on your service visit. If necessary, I can contact the dealer's Customer Experience Managers if you have additional questions. We'll look forward to your updates :).

William R. (assisting)
Cadillac Customer Care