: Fiat realigns Maserati from Ferrari to Alfa

HotRodSaint
02-17-05, 07:55 PM
"The move is essential for Alfa Romeo's future development," Fiat Chief Executive Officer Sergio Marchionne said in a statement. (http://europe.autonews.com/news.cms?newsId=7822)

This could be good for those that want to see Alfa back in the US.

Stoneage_Caddy
02-18-05, 05:19 PM
or bad for maserati ...depends on how you look at it ...

but they make some killer little front drive sport sedans .....

HotRodSaint
02-18-05, 10:32 PM
or bad for maserati ...depends on how you look at it ...

but they make some killer little front drive sport sedans .....

I'm thinking that they can use common RWD platforms. Maseratti V8 and Alfa I4/V6. Make an Alfa small and a mid size 2 and 4-dr sedan, and a small spyder and then a Maseratti sport coupe, spyder and a large 4-dr sedan.

It would have been cooler though with Alfa under Maseratti and Ferrari.

Besides, Alfa was an world champion long before Ferrari was. Didn't Enzo work for Alfa?

Stoneage_Caddy
02-18-05, 10:48 PM
yup , ferarri was based on a alfa .....waaay back when ....Enzo had to trudge on after alpha pulled factory support in raceing ...so he streted doing his own thing and what started out as alhpas evolved into ferarris ....

pretty humble beginnings if one isnt familiar with how awesome the early alphas were . they were the first that made dohc into a real threat for other engines and constructors.....its a facinateing history

then there is this spat between GM and FIAT

HotRodSaint
02-18-05, 11:19 PM
then there is this spat between GM and FIAT

2 billion dollars to get out of purchasing them. :eek:

Stoneage_Caddy
02-18-05, 11:22 PM
If it were me i woulda bought it lock stock and barrel and paid to relocate marnaello to detroit ...

And move all high end ferarri assembly to Bowling Green Kentucky ....wait , no thatd be bad for corvette...

Id send it to kansas , let the 550 maranello be built on the same line as the malibu maxx

Fiat would have sell only rebaged chevy cavaliers ....1982 Vintage