: Trunk wont open

Chosenone
07-02-13, 11:38 AM
Went to work this morning and trunk will not open. It worked fine last night when I got home. I have tried the fob and the door button and the trunk membrane button and none work. I can hear the trunk accuator working and clicking but trunk will not open. I tried the emergency release through the back seat and it wont work either. This happened once before a while ago and it finally opened. Any ideas?

pat2t2f
07-02-13, 11:53 AM
Could something be caught in the mechanism?

Chosenone
07-02-13, 12:08 PM
I dont think so. There was one bag in my trunk when I closed it last night. I pulled that bag out through the seat access hole this morning to make sure it wasnt stuck. Not sure what to do from here. I know a dealer is going to charge a lot to remove seat to get in there though.

baabootoo
07-02-13, 01:38 PM
No warranty? When did you change the remote battery last? Mine was sporadic, changed it, and all was well.

Chosenone
07-02-13, 02:14 PM
The remote works fine, all the other doors unlock, auto start works and the trunk you can here working, its just stuck. No warranty.

MASCAD
07-02-13, 03:06 PM
The remote works fine, all the other doors unlock, auto start works and the trunk you can here working, its just stuck. No warranty.

Wonder if you could try using the emergency release again but this time have someone lift upward on the lid at the same time. Or maybe even push down to take pressure off the latch mechanism

Chosenone
07-02-13, 04:07 PM
yeah I will try that when I get home from work tonight. Of course the cadillac seals the trunk up so tight that there is no access in there at all. Even the back seat trap door the actuator is all covered inside the trunk. So I am guessing I will have to pay a shop to remove back seat and the inside trim from inside the trunk to access the acuator. That should cost a large amount of cash.

Chosenone
07-02-13, 05:16 PM
Anybody know how to remove back seat? Is it something I can do myself. Then does anybody know how to remove the trunk trim that covers the acuator inside of the trunk. I would need to remove back seat to get into trunk, then remove the gray beauty plastic that covers the latching mechanism I think.

RobF300
07-02-13, 05:23 PM
back seat usually entails pushing the ass part in and up, releasing the clips
then it will expose bolts that you remove to get the backrest out

unless you can access the bolts through a fold in the seats

dont take this the wrong way but if you dont know how to remove a seat you probably dont know how to fix the trunk

Chosenone
07-02-13, 05:37 PM
I know that but when I take the car into the shop to have the trunk looked at I would rather remove the seat myself then pay a shop rate of $75.00-$100.00 to do something I can do with a little help and direction which is what I was asking for. Also if for some reason the trunk latch is just tweaked or out of alignment and all it takes is to straighten it with some pressure or somehow something got stuck in there that just needs to be removed, then I would really cuss myself if I just paid the shop $100 plus dollars to tell me they put a little pressure on the latch and it works fine. Thanks for the insight on seat removal, anybody now how to remove the trunk trim from inside the trunk that covers the latch on the inside?

Dogbreath
07-03-13, 05:01 PM
Did you try using the old school metal key?

Chosenone
07-09-13, 05:39 PM
There is no key hole to put a key in at on the trunk.

VMoose
07-09-13, 08:52 PM
Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a bit to reset the electronics?

shchow
07-09-13, 09:28 PM
Was the car ever rear ended or in an accident?

mpouls1
07-09-13, 11:15 PM
You can hear the actuator and it won't release, and you tried the manual release and it didn't work. Leaning more towards the latch??? Try what MASCAD was saying and see if you can get someone else to help while you use the fob/emergency release while the other applies putting pressure up/ down on the trunk. Maybe work something lose. Hope this can be resolved without taking to a shop.

FinestKind-CTS-V
07-10-13, 07:24 AM
Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a bit to reset the electronics?

Uhhhhh.......the battery is in the trunk.....

VMoose
07-10-13, 08:26 AM
Ok, I lose.

Chosenone
07-10-13, 07:55 PM
Nope never been in an accident. Yeah I am leaning toward the latch too. I have put pressure up down and in on the trunk lid and can see the trunk shifting the way I apply pressure and still nothing. I am going to attempt to remove rear seat this weekend and crawl and hopefully be able to get the molding in the trunk out of the way to see the trunk latch. I am going to be pissed if I remove all the seat and still cant gain access to the latch.