: 63 cadillac upper ball joint

07-02-13, 10:32 AM
Anyone know how to replace the upper ball joint? The original is spot welded in, and the manual says the entire A frame needs to be replaced. Yet, all the autopart stores say they are replaceable. Some seem to have two bolt wings and some seem to have four bold wings.

07-03-13, 09:13 AM
I went ahead and purchased the MOOG K5202. Yes, it can be replaced. The new one comes with a threaded ball joint and a collar that holds it in place. Need to cut the two spot welds to get the old one off. The new one gets pressed in, then the threaded collar gets added to the bottom.