: sticking blend doors?

cadillac kevin
07-02-13, 10:13 AM
Yesterday, I tested a fan speed relay pack in my caddy prior to sending it out to another member. I discovered that everything on my climate control works still except the blend door for the defroster. I get a little air out of the dash top and alot of air out the floor. I tried my fan speed relay pack (a fairly new AC delco) and it did the exact same thing. Playing with the controls and switching between dash, floor, and defrost seemed to make a little more air come out the dash top, but not alot more.
Anyone have any suggestions? Bad vaccum line? Debris in the way? (Anything is possible since I haven't used the climate control in years).

Also, my fan squeaks. I have 5 or so spares on hand, but I'd rather just fix mine if that is possible.

j2rossit
07-02-13, 10:23 AM
Yeah, thanks for doing the test on the unit for me :worship:

I can't really help other than suggest looking for a bad vacuum line by that door.
Good luck.

cadillac kevin
07-02-13, 09:59 PM
Looked in the FSM....apparently the blend door is behind the climate unit in the dash (I think). I'll check the vacuum line.

eldorado_sean
07-03-13, 08:26 PM
Yup vaccum lines. I had the exact problem on my eldo. Air was only coming out of defrost. From the intake manifold there's a black vaccum line that goes to passenger side firewall and to the blower motor. Trace the vac line back and the leak/ tear will be easy to find. And check out my post it will have everything you need to know.

cadillac kevin
07-03-13, 09:54 PM
Yup vaccum lines. I had the exact problem on my eldo. Air was only coming out of defrost. From the intake manifold there's a black vaccum line that goes to passenger side firewall and to the blower motor. Trace the vac line back and the leak/ tear will be easy to find. And check out my post it will have everything you need to know.

Since everything but the defroster works, I'm guessing the line is in the dash between the right side of the daah and the center.

Also, does anyone know what the hard plastic vacuum line that goes into the firewall below the master cylinder is? It's detached and just sitting there? Wondering if that and my no defroster problem might be related.