: Need help, vibration not gone...

SBONES
02-17-05, 12:55 PM
dealer did driveshaft angle and i still have the vibration at 80mph. now what should they check, being they have no clue? once i get to about 90 she smooths out...:hmm: :helpless:

Harley Guy
02-17-05, 01:09 PM
As I have posted before, my vibration was in the 75 to 80 range. The dealer did the driveshaft alignment and wheel balancing which did not eliminate vibration, but reduced it and moved it to the 83 to 90 range. :helpless: Not perfect, but I can live with it. Have them try the balancing. This has worked for others.

V-seriesTech
02-17-05, 01:12 PM
how bout the driveshaft?...changeing the unit completly?
wheel stud?
wheel bearing?
tire out of balance?
fix a flat?
flat spots in tires?

Does it do it only in gear?....will it do it in neutral?
can you accelerate,..then coast at the vibration speed...does it go away, does it stay there?

could be internal transmission.

They need to call TAC assist.(tech assist).

i'm sure they are doing what they can bro... best wishes

Z06CTSV
02-17-05, 01:12 PM
Dealer did same to mine, it worked. I still had a slight vibe that has been solved by me getting 4 new Goodyears and changing the camber setting on the rear tires. The camber change was also to stop the tire wear, especially in the rear. The car feels solid and the vibration is gone. I have not gone on a long trip, where I can really tell thou.

Joe,
New Orleans

globed70
02-17-05, 03:45 PM
Dealer did same to mine, it worked. I still had a slight vibe that has been solved by me getting 4 new Goodyears and changing the camber setting on the rear tires. The camber change was also to stop the tire wear, especially in the rear. The car feels solid and the vibration is gone. I have not gone on a long trip, where I can really tell thou.

Joe,
New Orleans

Camber, huh? Was your wear on the inner side of the tire? No change to toe? By chance, do you have the before and after specs? Thanks, Dan

RSM CTS-V
02-17-05, 05:10 PM
You might want to try a driveline balancing shop. I had a Z28 with the same problem. The vibration was between 65-70 and it was pretty bad. After taking it to a driveline balancer, the problem was eliminated completely. I believe they balanced the driveshaft. I'm not sure where you are, but the place I went to in So Cal was called Drivelines Unlimited. If you can find a place that does rearends, then I'm sure they can refer you to somebody. Good Luck.

joshdctsv
02-17-05, 06:18 PM
My vibration had been solved by a balance/rotate until yesterday when I had another rotate performed with an oil change. Vibration is back (damnit). I'm at 10k so my tires are gone anyway... replacing next week with GS-D3s. I'll report what happens.

CVP33
02-17-05, 08:49 PM
My Z28 also had the vibration problem. I switched to an aluminum 1LE driveshaft and had it balanced. If this is truly the problem with the V, then the dealer/Cadillac should cover the repair/improvement. Time to call customer service again.

Rich H
02-17-05, 09:21 PM
SBONES,

What about the "clunk"? Did replacing the front bushing help? I'm scheduled to have it done tomorrow.

SBONES
02-18-05, 07:54 AM
It helped alittle. Mine was worse in 3rd, if u didnt shift really smooth it would clunk clunck. I can stil induce it. If im sitting on a hill and try to pull out then push the clutch in real fast it slaps around like a rubber band. That it still does. Please, can somebody help me with the vib i have at 80mph..:worship:

The question is. Is everybodys v like mine, or is my new v already shot..:confused:

SBONES
02-18-05, 04:53 PM
my bad...

Vetts NV
02-18-05, 05:02 PM
My V is smooth as silk up to 80 and beyond if I am on the right pavement... Get on the wrong pavement and I feel like I am going to lose the fillings in my teeth....

On other performance cars that I have had, once the tires wear in a little the steering is so responsive, that you get vibrations... Try having the tires balanced or buy 4 new slabs of rubber.... Has worked for me in the past... But my 05 V with 4500 miles on it is still fine....

Rich H
02-18-05, 10:10 PM
If you've had the vibration since the day you drove your V off the dealer's lot the cause could be almost anything including the driveshaft - although I assume this has been now ruled out if they did balance it correctly. However, if your vibration came on gradually after a few thousand miles (like mine did) it is likely something that gradually wears like the tires, wheels, or rotors. My vibration was at 65-70 mph and the whole car shook at times. At other times only the steering wheel wiggled depending on the road surface. I had all 4 wheels and tires replaced by the dealer and vibration is nearly completely gone. For whatever reason they couldn't balance the tire/wheel assembly off the car.

By the way, thanks for your input on the clunk.
:thumbsup:

I decided not to have my dealer do the bushing replacement until I get some more feedback from owners. I'm beginning to think the problem is in the dual mass flywheel.

SBONES
02-19-05, 08:47 AM
took car to cj tire for balencing, its alittle better. still alittle vib. now what?.

jimbo1320
02-25-05, 06:05 PM
If the vibration goes away as the speed changes rebalancing and or swaping front to rear is a good place to start. If you feel the vibration in the seat of your pants it may be drive train related. One way you could check this is to put it in nutural at 50 or 60 and see if the vibration goes away. Good luck

SBONES
02-25-05, 07:53 PM
the car is smooth as glass. 75-85mph i get a vibration. then it goes away. I put in neutral and no vib. over 85 its really smooth, all the way to 150...:hmm: