: I'm back boys!

Rodya234
07-02-13, 03:56 AM
To those who remember me, long time no see! To those who don't, this will be an introduction. It's been awhile since I've posted, but I'm glad to be back. I'll be looking forward to getting to know some of the new faces and catching up with everyone!

I took a leave of absence from working on my cars because of school, and the ailing health of some important family members. But things have stabilized, and I'm ready to get to work! For those that don't know or don't remember, my project is my 1998 Seville STS. I purchased the car with 64000 miles on it in 2011 with a blown H/G, and started working on it that summer. I didn't get much done, and when I started college towards the fall of that year I sent the car off to storage. Since then, I've been driving my dad's old '93 Deville, but in January of this year we added a new addition to the family :D :

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/6157/ybnt.jpg

She's a 2013 Chevrolet Impala LS, 3.6L 300hp V6, Six-Speed auto gearbox, with Silver Ice Metallic exterior and ebony interior. I don't want to get into a full review of the car (in this post anyways), but I'll say that it was cheap, the performance is great, it's pretty roomy, and the fuel economy is outstanding.

But as much as I enjoy driving the Impala, I still love my STS to death, and I wasn't going to just let her rot. So after two years of storage, she's back and I'm ready to finally finish what I've started. I'll be documenting my repair using the SureGrip SG102 stud kit from Northstar Performance in the Seville section, so I'll be sure to link to that once I do.

Sorry for the essay guys, I'm just excited to be back and to get my girl back to her former glory! I'll be looking forward to the advice and expertise of everyone as I go forward.

talismandave
07-02-13, 10:17 AM
:welcome5:,back!

Good to meet ya.

Submariner409
07-02-13, 10:29 AM
'bout time you got off your dead butt. More has been added to the stickys in Northstar Performance.

Ranger
07-02-13, 11:24 AM
Welcome back

Faith76
07-02-13, 11:32 AM
Hello!

orconn
07-02-13, 11:53 AM
Glad you are back!

CadillacLuke24
07-02-13, 05:10 PM
Glad to have ya back! Sounds like the '13 Imps with the V6 are decent cars. Good luck getting the STS roadworthy once more!

Rodya234
07-02-13, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the greetings everyone, I'm certainly overdue on getting back to work!

'bout time you got off your dead butt. More has been added to the stickys in Northstar Performance.
I've noticed! Plenty of great new (to me anyways) threads with some helpful pictures. Good stuff.

Glad to have ya back! Sounds like the '13 Imps with the V6 are decent cars. Good luck getting the STS roadworthy once more!
They are pretty good cars, but the engine is definitely what motivated the purchase. I've taken to describing it as a four door V6 Camaro with a big trunk :P