: A/C problem

frebrd
07-01-13, 11:27 PM
Can anyone give me some advice on correcting an A/C problem? A/C will be cooling fine then all of a sudden it starts blowing hot air thru the drivers side vents. I have to actually pull over and turn off engine and restart. This apparently resets the system and it begins to work fine.

It works fine a day or so and starts acting up again. The passenger side is never affected with the problem.

Thanks,
Frebrd

65kaiser
07-01-13, 11:51 PM
Its the actuator for the air blend door. Common problem there are a few threads on the subject. http://www.sparkys-answers.com/2011/08/2005-cadillac-escalade-drivers-side.html

the cadillac man
07-02-13, 12:52 AM
Can anyone give me some advice on correcting an A/C problem? A/C will be cooling fine then all of a sudden it starts blowing hot air thru the drivers side vents. I have to actually pull over and turn off engine and restart. This apparently resets the system and it begins to work fine.

It works fine a day or so and starts acting up again. The passenger side is never affected with the problem.

Thanks,
Frebrd

I had this issue
The actitutior is behind the black panel on the bottom of the dash on the passenger side
It is held in by three screws(7mm socket)
Remove those and you will see the actitutior near the tranny hump held in with 2 7mm socket screws

Do NOT i repeat do NOT have the key on when you do this or it can damage the actitutior

To reset the system
1 pull the hvac fuse in the underhood fuse box for 2 mins(then reinsert fuse)

2 turn the key to run(engine off) for 2 mins

3 turn the key off for 2 mins then start and drive the truck for a half hour for the system to relearn