: RICERS! Don't know whether to laugh or be angry...

TeagueJT81
02-16-05, 10:39 PM
Stereotypical arrogant ricer story here. Some of you might get a good laugh out of it, but most of you will probably be depressed like I was when it was over.

I was at a friend's house this evening, and his girlfriend, the ricer, was there too. She drives some beige Accord (4 cyl. automatic) with a fart-cannon exhaust system, cold air intake, and a carbon fiber spoiler and, of course, she thinks it's the fastest thing on the road. She's one of the types who counts HP the way people on the Atkin's Diet count carbs ("well, if I took out the air conditioner I could get an extra three horses!").

The first thing she does, as usual, is start ragging me about the Caddies. Apparently it's hilarious that a 17 year old kid drives a "grandma car" (the 4.9L DeVille), and she constantly reminds me that her Accord could smoke it, but every time I suggest a race, she doesn't want to because she doesn't want me to "blow a rod". Then she started griping about how people like me used all of "her" gas driving our gas guzzlers. When I mentioned the modulated displacement on my '81 Coupe, she said Mitsubishi invented that system in 1982 (something that they claim on their Japanese website's English translation), and the existence of the system on a 1981 American (gasp!) car meant that either Cadillac lied about it or it was an aftermarket engine.

Next we started talking about diesels. She, of course, having expierience working on a rice car, knows everything about them. She said the glow plugs performed the same function as the spark plugs in a gas engine, and when I corrected her and told her about compression ignition, she said that that would never work because "there wouldn't be a heat source". Grrrr...

But it gets better. She changed the subject to the Acura NSX, because she almost bought one, and started going on about how it was the original Honda NSX that was the original application for the mid-engine, and that Ferarri had "clearly gotten the design for that one car (my guess is she was talking about the Enzo) from the NSX".

While the Enzo was on the table, I figured I'd shut her up by talking about supercars... to the extent of my knowledge there is not a Japanese one. I brought up the Enzo Ferrari, Koenigsegg CCS, and Bugatti Veyron. It doesn't matter what figures about them I brought up, she would always counter me by saying that a heavily modified Honda could beat them all easily and would cost less and be more reliable. She also said that she was sure there was a Japanese supercar somewhere (without a name or manufacturer, apparently) that was more technologically advanced, faster, safer, more reliable, and more fuel efficient than either of the three I mentioned. As for things like Rolls-Royces, who needs those? She actually said that Acura was better than Rolls and Maybach (pronounced May-batch) combined. When I asked her, if that was the case, why Acuras came off a mass assembly line and Rollses are still, for the most part, built by hand with TLC, she said that Honda was trying to bring luxury to the masses by mass-producing Acuras. The nerve!!

Needless to say, Grandma excused himself, got in his nice big, safe, comfy, and powerful car, and drove home in disgust.

What disgusts me the most is the complete and total lack of knowledge about the technology and history of the industry and the lack of respect for the companies that shape it now and helped shape it in the past. And the blind loyalty to the companies that are ruining it by homoginizing car design and making engines that barely qualify as a joke.

Ricers are a plague in the automotive world. They and their cars are obnoxious, they don't drive safely, and when they wake me up at 3:00 AM with their stupid exhausts and their trunk-rattling bass (full fade to back speakers), I really want to kill someone. Especially when they talk about their fast cars but won't race mine and say (and believe) such obvious falsehoods as the thing about Ferarri taking a Honda design, and Honda inventing the mid-engine. While we're at it, some kid with a fast car Toyota invented "scissor doors", and Lamborghini liked it so much they stole it. And Mazda invented the rotary. And Mitsubishi invented the wheel.

I feel better now. And looking back on that, it is pretty funny. I don't know how she believes some of the things she says.

Sorry if that's super long, but I needed to vent. I figured you all could enjoy the good laugh and sympathize with me more than anyone else.

- Joe

Vesicant
02-16-05, 11:29 PM
Thats pretty sad. So much crap out there today that the latest generations (including my own) cling to :helpless:

She sounds like a young woman who only knows so much when it comes to cars and thinks she knows it all by word of mouth. IT could be helped. What does your friend (her bf) think?

heh...you should race her anyways and say "It'll be worth breaking a rod just to show you what a true car can do" LOL.

Glen OS
02-16-05, 11:38 PM
Ferrari and Lamborghini have been doing mid-engines for decades, Acura wasn't even born until 1986. Toyota still doesn't have any factory cars with scissor doors. Give her the rotary, Mazda is the only company that has spent the money to overcome the emisssions and (somewhat) the fuel mileage.
Sometimes ignorance is bliss. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but should also respect the opinions of others. I don't mind rice, Hondas are some the most dependable cars on the road. I prefer American and German cars. I don't care for the pompous idiots that think their mode is the only way to go.

Stoneage_Caddy
02-16-05, 11:49 PM
fear not . i have beaten 4cyl accords with each car ive owned , all the way down to a 87 1.6 sentra ....

I even got one with a lightly modded 1991 6.2 deisel chevy truck ...

honda didnt invent mid engines , as i recall it i belive lotus has that with there early 60s indy and f1 cars ....

glow plugs are only for starting assitance , some diesels dont even have glow plugs rather elements like a toaster upstream in the intake manifold (5.9 cummins), some direct injections diesl dont have either ....just a either system in case its used int he arctic..

The NSX has more in common with a coke can in a accord than a ferarri ..in fact the "dino" ferarri of tha late 60s had a transverse mounted v6 makeing over 200 hp mounted in the same manner as the nsx....The novel thing about the NSX is the ammount of alumium used in it , the car is quite amazing in that respect ....but the engine block is standard passenger car stuff if memory serves ....

Cadillac had the first application of variable valve timing ..and that was before 1910...just so you know when she brings that up LOL

GM had the first mass produced fuel injected engine in 1957 (chevy 283) first electronic injection in the mid 70s (again cadillac)

The 87 BUICK gnx would blow the doors off a brand new 1991 NSX

Where honda really shines is in its engines , they will rev high and use small displacment , lessons learned from motorcycles and a very sucessful F1 career that started in the mid 60s ...but they make no torque ....

Dont race her unless its at the strip .....not only is street racing danergous but you will get beaten once you 108 mph speed limiter kicks in ....

BTW just for your info the bottom end of the honda 2.2 is quite fragile due to the fact that honda buidls very light internals to get the engine to spin to those high redlines, its 10 times more likely she will break a rod than you will ....

Adam
02-16-05, 11:56 PM
hahaha, what a dumb b!tch!!!! she doesnt know anything does she? heres what you do, next time you see her driving her pos down the road, run up on her a suck her doors off. thatll shut her up. or catch her at a red light (wherever possible) and rev her off and as soon as it goes green, smoke her. there is a reason why Cadillac made tailights like that, so that ricers would know what just killed them. hahahahahahaha :histeric: God i hate ricers.

TeagueJT81
02-17-05, 12:05 AM
Yeah, all her history is word of mouth. It sounds like something from "The Official Honda World History Textbook". Ryan (my friend, her boyfriend) called me not long ago to apologize, and said she started up with him after I left, and that she has one chance left. He's a ricer, but he's the good kind. His car isn't loud, he admits defeat when he loses and doesn't blame it on some technicality, and if an upgrade to it adds less than 15 or 20 HP, he doesn't do it. He also doesn't have "sponsor" stickers on his car except for the place that replaced his engine because they gave him half-off on labor if he'd advertise for them.

And as for the rotary engine, it was originally invented and used for several years before Mazda latched on to it (I've seen photos of rotary powered chainsaws and lawnmowers from back in the early days of the technology), but I'm not gonna argue about it. Mazda may as well have invented it, they've done almost all the refinement on the technology since its invention and they're the only company that still uses it.

It's not that I mind Japanese cars or their drivers, it's the outspoken few who think they can beat a million + dollar Bugatti, and who know nothing of the technology or the history of cars to the point where they think a company like Ferarri would bother to take a Honda design. Japanese cars are, with a few exceptions, great vehicles - the reason I drive the Caddy and not the Camry is because dad doesn't have the time on the weekends to work on the Caddy when something goes wrong with it. DeVilles are great cars, but that Camry will go till the day the world ends as long as you remember to change the oil once or twice a year. It all depends on what you want.

- Joe

TeagueJT81
02-17-05, 12:12 AM
Oh, and don't worry Stoneage, I don't street race. My radar detector isn't gonna save me if one of our sneaky local cops sees me go flying by at 100 MPH from a little hidey-hole somewhere. Dad's trusted me with the DeVille for almost two years now, and if I got it impounded for street racing a Honda it would not only be embarassing but it would ruin what must be a great deal of trust he has in me. And the '81's gonna be too fragile to race at all when I first get it running.

If someone wants to race me, there's a legal drag strip not far from here. If they insist on keeping it to the street, they can shove it.

- Joe

Stoneage_Caddy
02-17-05, 12:28 AM
yup , your right , NSU devolped the rotary engine , those lawnmowers you saw might have been the early protypes that were used to keep the grass nice at the NSU headquaters in germany .."lawnboy" later used the wankle rotary engine in there push mowers some years later , ive had the privlage of working on 2 of them....

NSU had everything from cars to motorcycles with rotarys , norton and suzuki (the RE-5) made fairly popular bikes with that engine

GM later got the rights to it and tried on there own to make a rotrary engine , for a bit more on that check my article out :
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30450

Mr wankel acutaly came up with the rotary engine much before the 60s , he used it on a 50cc motocycle , as a supercharger for the tiny engine , somehow some way he figured out that it made a great engine , as do all makers when they come up with a new air compressor

in fact i hearthe jet engine acutlly came from what was at one time a turbocharger for a airplane ...

Vesicant
02-17-05, 12:30 AM
There was a mass-produced rotary powered motorcycle(s) in the mid 70's for about 1 YEAR. Hercules W-2000 , was perfect in every aspect except for it didnt meet quota.

The head engineer developing the rotary from Mazda met and discussed it with Felix (Wankel) a few years before he died in the 50's.

illumina
02-17-05, 12:31 AM
Just tell her this: 4(2)=8...Simple arithmetic...8 cylinders will always beat 4. Period.

Stoneage_Caddy
02-17-05, 12:36 AM
There was a mass-produced rotary powered motorcycle(s) in the mid 70's for about 1 YEAR. Hercules W-2000 , was perfect in every aspect except for it didnt meet quota.

The head engineer developing the rotary from Mazda met and discussed it with Felix (Wankel) a few years before he died in the 50's.

hope you mean the guy at mazda , mr wankel died in 88
http://www.monito.com/wankel/dr-wankel.html

sorry , i got confused and had to check it out cuz i thought i seen later stuff from him

Vesicant
02-17-05, 12:40 AM
lol i got the date wrong... oh well, its the 80's. For some reason the 50's was in my mind.

Stoneage_Caddy
02-17-05, 12:41 AM
LOL ...no worries im ok now .....you confuse simple mind and knocked hamster off wheel

BTW theres a nice Zuki RE-5 on ebay ...or at least there was a week ago

its gone but here is a new one :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4527881917&category=6027&sspagename=WDVW#ebayphotohosting

danbuc
02-17-05, 12:59 AM
Hehe...Honda invented the mid engine car.....Yeah f**kin' Right. That's why AutoUnion used to race mid engine cars back in the 1930's at LeMans. http://www.ddavid.com/formula1/auto_c.htm . Some people just don't know when to keep their mouth shut. :nono:

90Brougham350
02-17-05, 01:40 AM
Next we started talking about diesels. She, of course, having expierience working on a rice car, knows everything about them. She said the glow plugs performed the same function as the spark plugs in a gas engine, and when I corrected her and told her about compression ignition, she said that that would never work because "there wouldn't be a heat source". Grrrr...

No heat source, huh? Why don't you take 9th grade physics again honey, and this time, pay attention instead of drawing hearts and bunnies and stupid shit like that. God, people like that really piss me off! How can you say something so stupid! It's a simple principle of physics! As the molecules of air are compressed more and more, they bump into eachother a lot more and zoom closer to one another! This creates friction and heat, and the molecules go faster and faster and get hotter and hotter, until the piston reaches TDC, when the diesel is injected and, boom! the extremely hot compressed air ignites the diesel. Now was that so hard to understand in 9th grade? Some broads, I tell ya! Oh, by the way, you should ask her what's more important, horsepower or torque. :helpless:

Brian

DopeStar 156
02-17-05, 01:58 AM
I've got that friend, we call him Red. He drives an old Prelude with the 4 cyl and the 5 speed. I beat him with my 307 Fleetwood Brougham on a long run behind our town's ShopRite. They've got a lot to say until you beat 'em.

A comparison of both our engines:
Red: Mine's got more hoses!
Me: Mine's got more cylinders!

LOL! We have our differences, but we're pals. My dad's Mustang GT should be in soon, I should call Red..... :lildevil:

Kev
02-17-05, 02:09 AM
Joe, hind sight being 20/20, here is my version of how I think the conversation should have gone;

ricer girlfriend (RGF) - Reminds Joe that her Accord can smoke his Cadi.

Joe - Chuckles, suggests a race.

RGF - Doesn't want to because she doesn't want Joe to "blow a rod".

Joe - Chuckles more exuberently

RGF - Starts griping about how people like Joe uses all of "her" gas driving their gas guzzlers.

Joe - More chuckling, mentions the modulated displacement on '81 Coupe.

RGF - Says Mitsubishi invented that system in 1982 (something that they claim on their Japanese website's English translation), and the existence of the system on a 1981 American (gasp!) car meant that either Cadillac lied about it or it was an aftermarket engine.

Joe - lol

RGF - Starts talking about diesels. She, of course, having expierience working on a rice car, knows everything about them. She says the glow plugs perform the same function as the spark plugs in a gas engine.

Joe - LOL, Corrects her and tells her about compression ignition.

RGF - Says that that would never work because "there wouldn't be a heat source".

Joe - Rofl

RGF - Changes the subject to the Acura NSX, because she almost bought one, and starts going on about how it was the original Honda NSX that was the original application for the mid-engine, and that Ferarri had "clearly gotten the design for that one car.

Joe - ROFL, talks about supercars... to the extent of my knowledge there is not a Japanese one. Brings up the Enzo Ferrari, Koenigsegg CCS, and Bugatti Veyron.

RGF - Counters me by saying that a heavily modified Honda could beat them all easily and would cost less and be more reliable.

Joe - More ROFL

RGF - Says that she is sure there is a Japanese supercar somewhere (without a name or manufacturer, apparently) that is more technologically advanced, faster, safer, more reliable, and more fuel efficient than either of the three Joe mentioned. As for things like Rolls-Royces, who needs those? Says that Acura was better than Rolls and Maybach (pronounced May-batch) combined.

Joe - Near uncontrolable ROFL, Asks her, if that is the case, why do Acuras come off a mass assembly line and Rolls' are still, for the most part, built by hand with TLC?

RGF - Says that Honda was trying to bring luxury to the masses by mass-producing Acuras.

Joe - ROFL, "Oh stop! ....I can't breath! *Guffah* :histeric:
Stuggles to maintain his composure as he exits stage left.

RGF - Left standing there, not sure what just happened. Somewhat disarmed that Joe laughed at all her points. Mutters a few choice expletives while scratching her head.

:D :thumbsup:

caddydaddy
02-17-05, 09:45 AM
People like her just aren't worth wasting your time trying to pound reality into! You know what a real car is, and what a poser car is! And you know what compression ignition is! Ask her how to check the ignition timing on a diesel Dodge, and see what she says then!

Katshot
02-17-05, 10:26 AM
This is "classic" import vs. domestic bench-racing. I just wish that BOTH sides would get real. Some domestic-only guys make statements that are just as stupid as the ricer guys. Whether statements like, "...8 cylinders will always beat 4. Period" are just sarcastic cracks or actually what you "truely" believe, they still promote the caustic behavior that bounces back and forth from both sides. To make statements like "I can beat any RICER with my Caddy" only proves that the domestic side is just as senseless, childish, uninformed and closed-minded as they believe the import side to be.
I just got rid of a totally stock Nissan Sentra that would easily beat up on any stock "non-Northstar" Cadillac and even a few Northstar cars. We routinely ran 15.0's through 15.2's with the car at the track, and it's not even the fastest stock 4-cyl. import out there!
Yeah, the girl was obviously uninformed and talking out her butt, but if you read through a lot of posts here, you'll find the same exact type of talk from a lot of Caddy guys too.
Regardless of WHAT car they drive, I just get so sick of hearing people talk out their butts, PERIOD!!

CharBroiled
02-17-05, 10:31 AM
Next time you see here ask her to pump up a tire with a bicycle pump and ask when it gets hot to point out where the glow plug is :)

As for ricers I beat one with a huge Ford cube van (the big one where the cube sticks out beyond the sides of the cab and has duelies, I could of put the ricer in the back) with a 460 ci and the AC on. The ricer had a badge that said "16 valve".. well the 460 had 16 valves too lol. That truck should have come with wheelie bars is was so quick off the line.

D148L0
02-17-05, 11:53 AM
This is "classic" import vs. domestic bench-racing. I just wish that BOTH sides would get real. Some domestic-only guys make statements that are just as stupid as the ricer guys. Whether statements like, "...8 cylinders will always beat 4. Period" are just sarcastic cracks or actually what you "truely" believe, they still promote the caustic behavior that bounces back and forth from both sides. To make statements like "I can beat any RICER with my Caddy" only proves that the domestic side is just as senseless, childish, uninformed and closed-minded as they believe the import side to be.
I just got rid of a totally stock Nissan Sentra that would easily beat up on any stock "non-Northstar" Cadillac and even a few Northstar cars. We routinely ran 15.0's through 15.2's with the car at the track, and it's not even the fastest stock 4-cyl. import out there!
Yeah, the girl was obviously uninformed and talking out her butt, but if you read through a lot of posts here, you'll find the same exact type of talk from a lot of Caddy guys too.
Regardless of WHAT car they drive, I just get so sick of hearing people talk out their butts, PERIOD!!
:yeah: Golf clap for you, Kat.

HotRodSaint
02-17-05, 12:25 PM
It doesn't matter what figures about them I brought up, she would always counter me by saying that a heavily modified Honda could beat them all easily and would cost less and be more reliable.

VW's were all the rage in the late '70's when I was in HS and I used to say the same thing about them too.

She'll grow up oneday. :cool:

caddydaddy
02-17-05, 01:40 PM
"...8 cylinders will always beat 4. Period"

That's a funny statement! My old 1976 Sedan Deville with the mother of all 8 cylinder engines was pretty damn slow! I had trouble keeping up with VWs!

It's all about the power to weight ratio people!!!!

Stoneage_Caddy
02-17-05, 01:55 PM
No pistons will always beat pistons .....nuff said .....LOL

couldnt resist , hasnt been said yet .....just kidding ....i know someone will bring something up about lack of torque......

MEJIA
02-17-05, 02:25 PM
Stereotypical arrogant ricer story here. Some of you might get a good laugh out of it, but most of you will probably be depressed like I was when it was over.

I was at a friend's house this evening, and his girlfriend, the ricer, was there too. She drives some beige Accord (4 cyl. automatic) with a fart-cannon exhaust system, cold air intake, and a carbon fiber spoiler and, of course, she thinks it's the fastest thing on the road. She's one of the types who counts HP the way people on the Atkin's Diet count carbs ("well, if I took out the air conditioner I could get an extra three horses!").

The first thing she does, as usual, is start ragging me about the Caddies. Apparently it's hilarious that a 17 year old kid drives a "grandma car" (the 4.9L DeVille), and she constantly reminds me that her Accord could smoke it, but every time I suggest a race, she doesn't want to because she doesn't want me to "blow a rod". Then she started griping about how people like me used all of "her" gas driving our gas guzzlers. When I mentioned the modulated displacement on my '81 Coupe, she said Mitsubishi invented that system in 1982 (something that they claim on their Japanese website's English translation), and the existence of the system on a 1981 American (gasp!) car meant that either Cadillac lied about it or it was an aftermarket engine.

But it gets better. She changed the subject to the Acura NSX, because she almost bought one, and started going on about how it was the original Honda NSX that was the original application for the mid-engine, and that Ferarri had "clearly gotten the design for that one car (my guess is she was talking about the Enzo) from the NSX".

While the Enzo was on the table, I figured I'd shut her up by talking about supercars... to the extent of my knowledge there is not a Japanese one. I brought up the Enzo Ferrari, Koenigsegg CCS, and Bugatti Veyron. It doesn't matter what figures about them I brought up, she would always counter me by saying that a heavily modified Honda could beat them all easily and would cost less and be more reliable. She also said that she was sure there was a Japanese supercar somewhere (without a name or manufacturer, apparently) that was more technologically advanced, faster, safer, more reliable, and more fuel efficient than either of the three I mentioned. As for things like Rolls-Royces, who needs those? She actually said that Acura was better than Rolls and Maybach (pronounced May-batch) combined. When I asked her, if that was the case, why Acuras came off a mass assembly line and Rollses are still, for the most part, built by hand with TLC, she said that Honda was trying to bring luxury to the masses by mass-producing Acuras. The nerve!!

Needless to say, Grandma excused himself, got in his nice big, safe, comfy, and powerful car, and drove home in disgust.

What disgusts me the most is the complete and total lack of knowledge about the technology and history of the industry and the lack of respect for the companies that shape it now and helped shape it in the past. And the blind loyalty to the companies that are ruining it by homoginizing car design and making engines that barely qualify as a joke.

Ricers are a plague in the automotive world. They and their cars are obnoxious, they don't drive safely, and when they wake me up at 3:00 AM with their stupid exhausts and their trunk-rattling bass (full fade to back speakers), I really want to kill someone. Especially when they talk about their fast cars but won't race mine and say (and believe) such obvious falsehoods as the thing about Ferarri taking a Honda design, and Honda inventing the mid-engine. While we're at it, some kid with a fast car Toyota invented "scissor doors", and Lamborghini liked it so much they stole it. And Mazda invented the rotary. And Mitsubishi invented the wheel.

I feel better now. And looking back on that, it is pretty funny. I don't know how she believes some of the things she says.

Sorry if that's super long, but I needed to vent. I figured you all could enjoy the good laugh and sympathize with me more than anyone else.

- Joe

Hey man, chill down, you know, we know everyone knows that your Caddy will beat her POS Honda anytime anyday, and that your ride is far more comfortable, LUXURIOUS, safe than her tuner.... I agree to what someone else posted here....... she didnt passed physics and she is a crazy $%&*% :lildevil:

Mejia

90Brougham350
02-17-05, 04:48 PM
i know someone will bring something up about lack of torque......

As I've said before, "ah ricers, what more could you ever want from a car? The low-end torque of a box fan?"

We all know that a lot of what's said on this forum is perhaps a lot of frustration or just plain disgust coming out against ricers in the form of exageration, because so many of us here just plain hate 'em. I know I do. And why shouldn't we, a riced-out Accord is pretty much the complete opposite vehicle versus a Fleetwood Brougham. OK, we all know that there's a lot of poseurs out there driving ricers with body kits, no hubcaps, coffee can mufflers, etc., but to simply say "any Caddy will beat a ricer," is bogus. My Brougham with the stock 350 (LO-5) runs 0-60 in almost exactly 10 seconds (so says Cadillac). If a ricer did 0-60 in 10 seconds, he'd probably be running on 2 cylinders instead of 4. I respect the ricers who put a lot of time and money into their vehicles, because they actually upgrade the engine, do quality work, and care about their vehicles the same way I'm sure we care about ours. What I don't care for is the typical ricer (I shouldn't have to describe, everyone knows exactly what I'm talking about) that the cocky driver thinks will smoke anything "because his car looks like that one from the Fast and the Furious." I drive a Cadillac because it has miles of chrome, leather and wood everywhere, a beautiful vinyl top, a hood ornament, and, oh yeah, the fact it rides like a dream. I don't know why people drive ricers, but I respect their decision, after all, it's a free country, right? Just don't get cocky, you never know a sleeper until the tailights fade into the distance......

Brian

TeagueJT81
02-17-05, 06:43 PM
I think I've finally come to my senses about the whole thing, and I'm enjoying a good laugh about it now (as I hope all of you are).

Hey man, chill down, you know, we know everyone knows that your Caddy will beat her POS Honda anytime anyday, and that your ride is far more comfortable, LUXURIOUS, safe than her tuner.... I agree to what someone else posted here....... she didnt passed physics and she is a crazy $%&*% :lildevil:

Very well put. And even if the Caddy couldn't beat her Accord, it still has the safety and the luxury and is a joy to work on (a car that you never have to work on must be boring).

Ignorance IS bliss, and if she wants to go on believing the things she said, I'll let her. I'll sit tight in contentment with the knowledge that compression ignition is possible and that the janitorial services at my office are in her capable hands when I go home at night.

- Joe

Adam
02-17-05, 06:53 PM
just laugh and shrug them off. hey here is the motto to live by: "F*ck the fast and the furious, i ride slow and luxurious."

RealmCenter
02-17-05, 07:05 PM
I don't know about the 8cyls would always beat 4cyls, I beg to differ, my '87 Shelby Lancer whomped on many an 8 cyl, including 5.0 mustangs and occasionaly a Z-28.

Stoneage_Caddy
02-17-05, 10:08 PM
I don't know about the 8cyls would always beat 4cyls, I beg to differ, my '87 Shelby Lancer whomped on many an 8 cyl, including 5.0 mustangs and occasionaly a Z-28.

i had a 86 Lebaron GTS , it was mighty quick it its own right with justa straight turbo I ...i wanted to turn it into a shelby lancer after i saw one going down the road ....those were neat cars

RealmCenter
02-17-05, 10:19 PM
Here it is next to the IROC, which I might add it would crush when it was in its 305 4bbl 5-speed stock setup. Although when the mods on the lancer are done (super 70 turbo, stage III comp. yada yada) it may very well outrun the IROC in 383 T-56 6 speed guise. We'll find out this summer, or when I'm not broke, whichever comes first, wait are those birds chirping, yep I bet it'll be when I'm not broke :crying:
Darren

Stoneage_Caddy
02-17-05, 10:29 PM
oh man she is pretty .....lucky devil ...i had to get rid of my GTS ...at 16 i didnt know enough to fix it....take a wild guess ....yup headgasket....

your still able to get the super 70 and all them "direct connection" parts ?

now if you really know your turbo chryslers ....I passed up a 90 Lebaron VNT 3 years ago .....tell me that wasnt stupid ....(hard top ,5 speed, black ,one of 8 in that config) edit he wanted 2,600 bucks for it ....he didnt know what it was

i kick myself every day for not getting it ....

Vesicant
02-17-05, 10:39 PM
3.0 Mitsu V6 '93 Shadow ES. "Its good side" (ignore the wheel covers LOL- not like its driven anyways)

Stoneage_Caddy
02-17-05, 10:42 PM
3.0 Mitsu V6 '93 Shadow ES. "Its good side" (ignore the wheel covers LOL- not like its driven anyways)

not bad , id have to say my second fav out of those ....well they called verison i liked a duster....but my fav shadow was the 90 CSX (another VNT car)

here we go.... you guys are going to get me going on K cars again....

RealmCenter
02-17-05, 11:14 PM
Stoneage,
Here, this is cheap. Needs a little work, but doesn't seem too bad. http://www.turbododge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75733
Darren

Stoneage_Caddy
02-17-05, 11:21 PM
whoa kick arse site ....added to favorites

that barron is close to the one i looked at ....

the one i looked at needed a ton of work too but the turbo was ok (i was surpirsed) i figured id have it shipped with my stuff back to floirda from alaska (where me and that car were)....

didnt have the time for it so i let it go ....

as for that one ....michigans to far for me ....but if one become availble to me before here i find a 88 fiero GT ill buy it for sure

lowscola
02-18-05, 03:57 PM
"...A wise man once told me don't argue with fools, because people from a distance can't tell who is who..."

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion or ignorance... At the auto show last week, every other conversation I overheard was full of untruths. ie.

-husband in response to wifes question of what type of car is that: " Oh honey thats the new 300M"

OR

-uniformed jaguar observer listening to an even more uniformed jaguar rep: "...all of the jaguars use only jaguar chassis and platforms developed by and for jaguar only"

me: ( not minding my own business ): "the s-type and lincoln ls share platforms and the x-type is based on the ford mondeo"

I am promptly ignored and disregarded and their conversation resumes...

Some people have no desire to learn anything from someone else or look at things in a diferent perspective.

on a side note...Aside from aftermarket wheels and mobile audio & video, the turners have single handedly kept the aftermarket industry growing especially when alot of sports cars were being axed.

Scandalous
03-09-05, 04:05 AM
Ricers piss me off. i was trailering home my 69 chevelle ss after the cam snapped and punched a hole in the blocc, and this POS accord with a bodykit and a fart can passes by and flashes his blinkers at me. so, i am driving this old ass chevy pickup with a 454, trailering this chevelle, and i downshift and blow his doors off. that was classic.

Kev
03-09-05, 01:49 PM
Ricers piss me off. i was trailering home my 69 chevelle ss after the cam snapped and punched a hole in the blocc, and this POS accord with a bodykit and a fart can passes by and flashes his blinkers at me. so, i am driving this old ass chevy pickup with a 454, trailering this chevelle, and i downshift and blow his doors off. that was classic.:histeric:
I LOVE it!

Kels55
03-09-05, 01:52 PM
Ricers piss me off. i was trailering home my 69 chevelle ss after the cam snapped and punched a hole in the blocc, and this POS accord with a bodykit and a fart can passes by and flashes his blinkers at me. so, i am driving this old ass chevy pickup with a 454, trailering this chevelle, and i downshift and blow his doors off. that was classic.

Sounds a little like that Hemi Dodge commercial.

90Brougham350
03-09-05, 05:59 PM
lol, except I'd take the "old ass chevy pickup with a 454", and the chevelle over the charger anyday, heh.

brian

Mach9k
03-09-05, 06:39 PM
:yup: Ahh yes, they can be pretty funny soetimes.

I used to have loads of fun with the little 91 Spirit with the 3.0 V6 in it... until the end when it would stall sometimes and make me look like an idiot. It's even more fun though with a nice big Buick. :thumbsup:

Oh, and I don't street race, I compare acceleration with them. We start to roll, I give it a nice little shot of gas as they floor it or downshift and floor it if we were already rolling, I keep up or pass them with no problem at all, I ease off and slow down again, they get the idea/message and usually turn off that street not too long afterwards. lol

Scandalous
03-10-05, 02:49 AM
i have soooooo maby ricer kill stories, in everything from my 90 SHO to my buddies 93 SHO, his moms 98 SHO, his 93 Altima with 266000 on it, my lil 92 Shitdance, er, sundance, reminds me of the time i was driving the chevelle and i had some punk in a Civic Del SLO start mouthing off to me, so i blow him away and pull into a parking lot. about 45 seconds later he pulls in and starts mouthing off again. he was the typical ricer, didnt know a thing about american cars, so he asks me "what do you have under the hood of that piece of shit anyway?" now, the POS remark made me a lil mad, so i told him "same thing i have in my pants, something twice as big as yours":lildevil:

El Mariachi
03-10-05, 04:07 PM
I didnt read the whole thread, just TeagueJT81's post, I find crap like that funny as hell and just lean back and think, "What an idiot...". I have a 92 Acura Legend Coupe, I'm really proud of my baby, but I cant go around saying that if my Legend was modified to the max that it could beat a modified to the max Eldorado...that would be plain bs on my part, my car wouldnt go more than 500HP, doing turbo, P&P, and anything else you can think of, I dont even think it can go near 500, but imagine the Cadi with turbo and intercooler alone...that would probably push 600? and thats just with those bolt ons...imagine to the max?
Like I said, I have pride in my baby, but I'm no damn ricer, I hate when people dont have their facts straight, just because I'm proud and love Honda, doesnt mean I'm going to go around and say that it can beat a supercar...if I ever do say that, it would be me possesed by an idiot....lmao, but yeah...imagine racing my 200hp Legend with a, what is it? 275? 300? hp cadi? and V8? I would never even try, its a waste of time and gas...and oil lol.

TeagueJT81
03-10-05, 07:30 PM
Oh well. I finally got her back. Pulled up next to me at a stoplight yesterday evening. She was by herself, I was with a friend. She saw me so she waved and revved her engine, and when the light turned green stomped it (if it's still called stomping if the tires barely even chirp). I gave the DeVille about three-quarters throttle and caught up to her pretty easily, then floored it and scooted on past.

Of course, I'm sure there was some technicality, like her spark plugs weren't gapped properly or something or there was a bag of dog food in the trunk slowing her down, and she would have won at any other time. But now she knows, and maybe she'll keep her mouth shut about it from now on.

- Joe

kmhebert
03-11-05, 02:37 PM
Oh well. I finally got her back. Pulled up next to me at a stoplight yesterday evening. She was by herself, I was with a friend. She saw me so she waved and revved her engine, and when the light turned green stomped it (if it's still called stomping if the tires barely even chirp). I gave the DeVille about three-quarters throttle and caught up to her pretty easily, then floored it and scooted on past.

Ha, in the end, you have to judge by results. She can never diss your ride again. And the best thing is, all the while you were cruising in style! http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/bouncy.gif

TeagueJT81
03-11-05, 04:44 PM
Exactly. It's great having a car that can perform without giving up any of its comfort or style.

Adam
03-11-05, 06:11 PM
if she's anything like the ricers around here then there is one thing you'll learn... she'll have an excuse. period. not to rain on your parade but she will come up with some bs excuse or she'll say something about you catching up to her and that she had you until you passed her cause she had already let off. i guarantee if she is like the little bastards around here. i raced a guy in a souped up honda in my Fleetwood and i creamed him. i took off and he never caught up. i pull in at autozone to get a air filter for my baby (cause the old one was dirty as hell and old) and he pulled up and went on about how i lucked out cause he didnt really hit it and blah blah blah. i told him as soon as i got out we'd go again if he wanted. he was like fine lets do it. i went in got a filter came out and he was waiting on me. i pull out to the red light about a 10th of a mile up the road and stop and he comes up next to me and starts revving and the light goes green and i stomp it and smoke yet one more time and he comes to me with another excuse when i went to eat. the little bastard just couldnt except defeat. i knew him from school so it wasnt nothing big, but he just couldnt except defeat. everytime i see him he wants to race but everytime it always ends up with me whooping the sh!t out of him. wish some of these guys would just shut the hell up and accept the fact that they cant beat every car on the road.

kmhebert
03-11-05, 06:24 PM
everytime i see him he wants to race but everytime it always ends up with me whooping the sh!t out of him.

Heh, that ought to be good enough! Some people can't see what's in front of their own eyes, that doesn't mean there's anything left on the table to argue about. Next time this guy wants to race say "sure, I love beating you like I do every time". I guess it's like back in the day when we would talk about what's better, Intellivision or Atari (Or Super Nintendo/Genesis GameCube/XBox/PS2) or anything else: whatever people own, they will say is the best. No one wants to give credit to anyone else (I am no different of course). But in this case, yeah, a Cadillac beats rice every day of the week, there is no point in arguing.

cmgrafmc
04-04-05, 08:00 AM
I've got that friend, we call him Red. He drives an old Prelude with the 4 cyl and the 5 speed. I beat him with my 307 Fleetwood Brougham on a long run behind our town's ShopRite. They've got a lot to say until you beat 'em.

A comparison of both our engines:
Red: Mine's got more hoses!
Me: Mine's got more cylinders!

Were you going downhill? LOL I've got the 307 and I really opened her up tonight, safely...I made it to the edge of the spedometer (85!) but I have to say it took quite some time to get there! One thing I love about the Caddy, though...you really don't notice much difference between 50 and 90 MPH...love these highway cruisers!

*Most satisfying moment to date: It was 2000 and the new Devilles were just out. They were underproduced so they were hard to get. I'm 20 or 21 and Grandpa let me borrow his DTS for the night. My friends are with me, the trunk is full, the A/C on. Stoplight: High school ricer spikey-haired-white boys in the car next to me, cranking down their windows. "Nice ride!" one yells from the Honda GS (Ghetto Series), admiring my chrome wheels. I'm not sure if they're mocking me but my gut says no; I think they respect the brand. Ricer revs his "engine." I turn off the traction control. Honda Boy seems cocky, itching for a lesson. :lildevil: Green light: The tires bark (on a FWD, too! Haha) and I'm off, leaving them to face the LED tail lights that probably cost more than his amp & sub. I always picture their reaction, having never seen it, as one of dumbfounded surprise. Heh. While we're laughing our butts off they turn into a drive thru, I'm sure to avoid us before the next light. This scene has been repeated over the years but never with the same afterglow. You never forget your first, I suppose. =P

Swangin-&-Bangin
04-04-05, 10:06 PM
I went to the drag strip this weekend. Check out this video of a Nitrous Mustang owning a Toyota Supra.

http://www.directconnectwholesale.com/Mp3/Mustang_vs_Supra.wmv

powerglide
04-05-05, 08:13 AM
Many folks only hear what they want ot hear and block out reason. Not much one can do about it. Fact or opinion, some people can't get it straight.

Some good one's I faced in person made my jaw drop:

1-This 17 year old guy I met was convinced the earth was flat. Nothing we could say could convince him otherwise. (if its round people on the bottom would fall off! he yelled, over and over...)

2-My buddy (30 year old engineer with a Ph.D) wouldn't eat pork because 'it is a dirty animal'. Mind you, he wasnt religious, just somehow got it into his head and wouldn't budge.

3-Mom of pork-hater insisted on getting her gas CHANGED cuz of Y2K because her ignorant friend told her it would go bad in the new millenium. Couldn't be dissuaded.

Many others over the years but I have come to accept the "Harry and Kumar" adage of '..the universe tends to unfold as it should..' why get all worked up. Enjoy the ride!

jbrown93etc
04-05-05, 06:30 PM
reminds me of this female waitress at a bar I once met, she swore she gained 40 percent more horsepower on her rsx by adding a cai and fart can, and she said "just wait till I get my throttle body that is gonna be another 20hp!!" I had my 99 mustang GT with about 300 hp and offered her a lot of money to race since she claimed her car had about the same power as mine, she just said "wait till I get my throttle body" HAHAHA