: Does your V attract attention???

Vrocks
02-16-05, 09:24 PM
A lot of younger kids in my neighborhood have commented on it's looks, and they know what it is.

I was at PSU (Lima) today to give my cousin a ride home, and the car was turning heads left and right. I never thought people would really notice the car that much, man was I wrong.

I've heard about the response Cadillac.com received from the Super bowl and U5 (under5sec) ads, that's awesome.... It's amazing that Cadillac's products and image are changing so quickly.

willsctsv
02-16-05, 09:47 PM
I thought I would blend in with this car, I was wrong old people in regular CTS's stare,as well as kids..
People notice this car, my neighbor thought it was a regular cts, untill he herad me pull up the other day, Wow that sounds awesome, What could i say but, 400HP :)

Zeke
02-16-05, 09:49 PM
I was in downtown San Mateo today buying a new cell phone, standing outside the store when a group of high school boys came walking down the street.

They see the V and they all stop..."hey man, that's that car man..."
"yea...400 hundred horesepower..." "Yea man, I heard about that one, way fast" "cool man".

:coolgleam

homer403
02-16-05, 09:53 PM
So does law enforcement :crying:

benjet
02-16-05, 10:03 PM
I was in downtown San Mateo today buying a new cell phone, standing outside the store when a group of high school boys came walking down the street.

They see the V and they all stop..."hey man, that's that car man..."
"yea...400 hundred horesepower..." "Yea man, I heard about that one, way fast" "cool man".

:coolgleam

Zeke, can you contact me offline (ctsv @ arariti.com) - I've got a running list of local owners would love to add your name/contact info to.

-Ben

erp2863
02-16-05, 10:09 PM
The 1st night I drove the V home I stopped and grabbed some Wendy's drivethru. As usual, after I'm given my order I pulled up a bit and stopped to check to see if I got everything. As I looked in the rearview mirror to make sure I wasn't going to get rear-ended by the next car in line I caught the kid working at Wendy's hanging out the drivethru window checking out the car.

Now that it has been 2 months with the car I'm still amazed at the number of looks the car gets.

Eric

330xidrive
02-16-05, 10:21 PM
People do :bonkers: :woohoo::shocked2::bulging::rolling:when they catch it.

FastVee
02-16-05, 11:37 PM
Driving to the mall the other evening, I noticed a couple riding their motorcycle beside me in traffic. His girlfriend on the back gave me the full on rubber neck as they were pulling forward of me. Not just once...I think she really wanted to ride inside where it's nice and warm. That same night as I was pulling out of the parking lot, a youngster in a compact ricer had asked me to rev the engine, because of the sweet sound of the corsa and the distinct look of the "V" badge with the brembos,chrome grill, etc, etc.... He gave me the thumbs up and "enjoy the new toy" comment. I don't think that the public is used to hearing a Caddy sounding like a muscle manual'd V8, I still love the looks on their face when I rev past them. :)

V-Max
02-16-05, 11:39 PM
The marketing must be working as mine, even with a layer of road salt, will turn allot of heads. Both male and female.

Norm

BowenCT
02-16-05, 11:52 PM
Literally the day after I picked up my V, I had to run into the grocery store for like 2 items. I come out to find a note on my windshield; This is verbatim because I am looking right at it: "Nice ride! (underlined) The girls previously parked behind you. (smiley face)" Along with a phone number.

Oh yeah, and all the letter "i"s were dotted with hearts. It's amazing what $50 grand will get you.

trekster
02-16-05, 11:53 PM
I got attracted by a lightning and a z06 a few days ago if you know what I mean. :lildevil:
People ask if it's the 400hp cadillac or other people say things like.... "that isn't a regular cadillac is it?"

drdsgolf
02-16-05, 11:57 PM
This is really one of the main perks of owning this car. It gets attention every day, from people pointing to it from another car on the road to people coming up and either asking about it or acknowledging what a fun car it is. Interestingly, the large majority of those who want to come up and talk about the car are guys. I'm sure guys are just more tuned in to the whole horsepower issue. Many times a woman has asked me why you need so much horsepower. How can I explain that it is never enough?

ds

CTSV05
02-17-05, 12:19 AM
Damn!!!

And here I thought they were lookin at me!!!! POOP!

Of course I just hate giving lessons on the "Brisk Acceleration Qualities" too.

DgtalPimp
02-17-05, 12:27 AM
The car got noticed a lot before, but once I added the B&B I get even more. :coolgleam

V-Max
02-17-05, 12:37 AM
I brought allot of attention in the '99 C5 but the V is just enviously bad!

With no front plate in Ohio your asking for a $50 ticket in the C5. So good, so far in the V. But I do get cruisers pull out of the median just to see if they can catch up. :) Though I don't recieve joyus waves from Corvette or CTS owners I bet I could still entertain them. :)

I was stopped at a gas station by a gentlemen that was a bit taken back that the CTS recieved the Z06 motor. Up from his '03 coupe. :) Of course I let it rip out of the station...unfortunately with the stock exhaust.

Norm - black is bad!

benjet
02-17-05, 01:57 AM
Literally the day after I picked up my V, I had to run into the grocery store for like 2 items. I come out to find a note on my windshield; This is verbatim because I am looking right at it: "Nice ride! (underlined) The girls previously parked behind you. (smiley face)" Along with a phone number.

Oh yeah, and all the letter "i"s were dotted with hearts. It's amazing what $50 grand will get you.

Did you call?

wildwhl
02-17-05, 02:48 AM
Without a doubt my V attracts attention - and the B&B makes sure of it now :)

Seems every kid in anything from a surfboard wing Honda to Evo's and Sti's (even a cool '68 Camaro a couple of times) notices the V too...and every time they do they will ALWAYS challenge. Good thing I'm too mature for that stuff :sneaky:

feline
02-17-05, 06:29 AM
HELL YEAH!!! I just really got mine and have only had it out a couple of times and people were going crazy---the "RICERS" even gave it Thumbs Up!! Most people here in our town don't really know what it is, my Sister thought it was a Mercedes?? It's been snowing here again so "SHE" is in the garage.

trukk
02-17-05, 07:47 AM
I get noticed some, but not as much as everyone else it seems.

Although the guy in the Wendy's drive through asked me "Is that the corvette Cadillac?"

I still mostly get the quizical looks. 'Isn't that a caddilac? Why does it sound like that? It looks kinda fast. Wow , the rear bumber looks fast :sneaky:"

-Chris

Kels55
02-17-05, 08:22 AM
I was walking out of the gas station last night when a guy in a vett asked me were a resturant was (because there is a vett club meet there). I knew where it was because I thought about going a couple of times, so I told him that and pointed at my V. All he tried to do after that was convince me to go to the meet with him because he knew everyone there would want to talk to me about the car. (Didn't go because I was working)

You know you have a special car when a corvette meet wants to talk about your ride.

CTSV05
02-17-05, 08:49 AM
Ain't It Kool?

BowenCT
02-17-05, 08:51 AM
Did you call?

I did.......twice in fact. Once from my phone, no answer so I left a message. Then about a week later I was telling a buddy about it and he said, "Let me call!" so he too called from his phone. Again, no answer, left a message. My guess by all the hearts and artwork is that they were probably 17 at best. Better off they didn't answer. Either way, it still did wonders for my psychee.

Groo-V
02-17-05, 09:02 AM
I had a guy checking out my V so much he ran off the road while he was giving me thumbs up. Pretty cool feeliing. The other thing that this car brings is challenges. I haven't been in a race since college (I'm 40) and I've been in six since I've gotten through break-in. The latest two just this week with a new Mustang GT Saleen and the other an M3. Haven't lost yet and the latest two gave the thumbs up once they caught up at the next light.

ssmith100
02-17-05, 09:05 AM
What.................this car attract attention..................I don't think so:lildevil:

For you Dgtal:)

Shane

ahahnu
02-17-05, 09:43 AM
These definately attract attention. The first night I got it was the night before Thanksgiving. Around here it is one of the biggest bar nights around because all the college kids are back, with nothing to do the next day, everyone goes out. I went to a bar with a big line outside, upon pulling into the parking lot, everyone's head shot around. I had to go next door, all the spots were full so I properly left sideways. People were coming up to me all night asking me about it.

NIK
02-17-05, 10:23 AM
Just this past Saturday I pulled into a Ford dealership where my grand-daughter (yes, I said GRAND-DAUGHTER) works just to say "hello." The dealership was having some sort of promotion and the showroom was packed with people. When I got inside, my grand daughter greeted me, laughing. She said she knew I was coming when someone screamed "There's a really sweet black Cadillac that just pulled in" and everybody ran to the window to look, to which she proudly replied, "That's my pop-pop!" She said it kinda took the sting out of the new Mustang that was featured on the show room floor. I have to tell you, and I've said this months ago, I have never had a car that attracted so much attention and in my roughly 50 years of driving I've owned new GTO's, Mustang Mach 1's, Trans-Ams, etc. To be frank, the eye appeal was a pleasant surprise, the performance I expected.

mchm3
02-17-05, 10:41 AM
mine does especially after i did the rims and exhaust, people always ask me what you got under the hood , especially before the superbowl ads nobody really knew about the v

onebadcad
02-17-05, 12:53 PM
A week after buying my V in August 2004, I met a business acquaintance at a restaurant. I arrived before him and took a space right in front of the entrance (I know what each of you are thinking, and no I usually park in some far quadrant of all parking lots to avoid dings and dents, but this one was well insulated with a curb and a big handicapped space). Within one minute of parking, three college kids came up to me and began eyeing the car and asking twenty questions; this went on for ten minutes:coolgleam . My friend pulled up and parked two spaces over from me and thought the three observers were my employees. When I requested a table for two, he then realized they were checking out my V, and was impressed. During the meal, my usually talkative friend was humbled:canttalk: , as his car which he bought the day before, a yellow 2004 Z06, drew no comments. I have had other incidents, but this one was the best to date!!!

ylwjacket
02-17-05, 12:54 PM
Before the Super Bowl - mostly hot rodders and kids. All the hot rodders want to race, and the kids seem to know a lot about it. At Halloween last year, a kid about 18 came by, as I was sitting in the driveway. I remember the quotes, because they are now a joke with me and my neighbor, who was there at the time. In his best Jeff Spicoli, (sean Penn from Fast Times for you young guys), he says "Dude, is that your V?" I said yeah. "Dude - is it fast". My answer - very. "Dude, that V rocks, man". A little while later, he came back with another group of 18 year old motor heads, who had to see it, inside and out. Lots more of that Spicoli talk.

Since the superbowl, all of the above still notice it. Now, though, middle aged guys point at the V emblem and give the thumbs up. That has caught me by surprise. I was used to the racers, not the peers.

Since the Super Bowl, it also seems like I haven't been challenged to as many races as I had before. The latest was a friend's M5, which was a draw. His car, I'll say, was a hell of a lot faster than I expected it to be.

Oh yeah, forgot the guy in supercharged Hummer. I wanted to merge over a lane after launching from a signal, but it was casual. I put on my signal, when this guy gassed it and kept me from getting over. I was leisurely cruising along in 4th gear, and that Hummer was whining like it was going to explode. So, we get to the next light, and he looks over and grins from ear to ear. Now, it's a challenge. When the light goes, I launch easy, let him get ahead a little, then hit it and merge in front. When we get to the next light, he's shaking his head. I think he really thought he got me at the first light.:helpless:

Koooop
02-17-05, 01:07 PM
I get constant comments, all of the Valets at one restaurant walked up to the car and asked each other...Is that the one? I go into gated communities often and the gate guards keep saying OOOOOO that's the new Cadillac. I took the car to an upscale cruise, I parked directly accross from a very bling E55AMG Kompressor, to my surprise everyone was far more interested in the bone stock V, the dark tinted windows and hood were closed there wasn't even anything to see. Heck I was over drooling on the MBZ.

Z06CTSV
02-17-05, 01:11 PM
Yes, it draws more attention then I would like. Some people hang next to me on the interstate pointing, its embarrassing. I've had people ask me what type of car it is. BMW driver's give me a nasty look.

I had a guy knock on my window to tell me my brake lights don't work. I explained to him that my car is a 6 speed, and I didn't have my foot on the brake and I was in neutral. He was amazed that a Caddy had a stick.

Joe
New Orleans

RobzBLKV
02-17-05, 01:46 PM
Wow. I get none of this. I haven't noticed a single person noticing the car. I like it that way.

Of course I live in So. Cal. - where relatively rare cars are a dime a dozen. I also haven't had the car out since the super bowl other than one quick weekend trip - maybe it will change when I start driving it to work next week.

Vetts NV
02-18-05, 04:42 PM
I have had my car for a while now, and I can tell you the stories about the car. When I first got it back in June of 04, no one really knew about it.... Just ask the Mustange owner who I came up to a light with after messing with him all the way down the road.... 90 degree day, his top down, and I calmly put down the window, look over and tell him I am not even going to turn off the AC for this....(girl in his Stang smiles) Window up, Light Green, GT Sucking down V exhaust.....

Now the funniest comment was the parking lot attendant at the airport. When I pulled up to pay, he said, "Dam Dude, you put a Body Kit on a CTS?"

I said, "No this isn't a body kit"
He said, "I have seen many of these cars before, that isn't stock."
I said, "You haven't seen this car before, it is the V Series"
"V What?"
"V -Series, with 400 horsepower" Hit throttle
His eyes open wide, "Dam, is it fast?"
Grinning, "You tell me once you give me a reciept!"

Other than that, I am used to the looks! The V gets the same looks the CTS did when it first came out! I had one of the first in the area.... I haven't noticed much of a difference after the SuperBowl, but the V has been parked at the airport for most of that time....

Oh and Vette owners don't ask me to stick around for too long... Just look at my handle... Its on my car too! They usually don't understand until I downshift!

Yes much attention... Much more than I thought! Still waiting for the girl's number though!

Koooop
02-18-05, 04:48 PM
A girl gave me her number recently, but I was in my Vette.

slow35th
02-18-05, 04:53 PM
Yes, it draws more attention then I would like. Some people hang next to me on the interstate pointing, its embarrassing. I've had people ask me what type of car it is. BMW driver's give me a nasty look.

I had a guy knock on my window to tell me my brake lights don't work. I explained to him that my car is a 6 speed, and I didn't have my foot on the brake and I was in neutral. He was amazed that a Caddy had a stick.

Joe
New Orleans

If someone in New Orleans knocks on my window, I whip out Mr. Colt and squeeze one off in his direction. :want: I beleive that is still the law in Louisiana, yes? You showed much restraint my friend.:halo:

Rickerbucks
02-18-05, 05:16 PM
I have had a few peeps in gas stations comment. That being said, they were when I'm in the states. not much hear in canada. In fact they only market 200 cars in Canada.

I've got the B&B on now - abotu two weeks and to be honest not really had much attention yet either.

With respect to someone having a woman ask "... why do you need that much power?".

I have a 700 HP supercharged '97 TA and my response is "...I guess you have never experienced that power, but after you do, you'll understand why"

Then I give a big grin

:)

thebigjimsho
02-18-05, 06:36 PM
I picked mine up the Thursday before Memorial Day weekend. One of the first comments I got was at the gas station on my first fillup. Unfortunately, I looked a little dumb as I was still trying to figure out how to open the fuel door.

Otherwise, I haven't received a slew of comments. I think it's the wealthy nature of Bostonians. But on the cross country trip, we happened to be travelling through the Dakotas on Bike Week. Harley guys really like it.

lawfive
02-18-05, 06:42 PM
Unfortunately, I looked a little dumb as I was still trying to figure out how to open the fuel door.

:histeric: Me too, but worse: first pass at the pump, I forgot that the gas goes in on the right side of the car. Never had one like that before. Second pass: "Wow, I didn't realize this had a locking fuel door..." Back to the cockpit to look for the switch to open it... head scratching... back to look at the fuel door... more head scratching...

-- Jerry

RobzBLKV
02-18-05, 06:42 PM
I was just thinking before I saw this thread show up again - the MINI got comments and drew attention. I couldn't go anywhere without people coming up to talk about the MINI. Grocery store, home depot, gas station, work, airport, whatever. People wanted to talk about it b/c it was cute. They wanted to ask about the checker flag roof, the gas mileage and how much room was inside.

The V is not that way. I am glad.

cts-v ls6
02-18-05, 08:47 PM
When I get asked, "What kind of car is that?", I reply, "A Chevillac".

lawfive
02-18-05, 11:07 PM
When I get asked, "What kind of car is that?", I reply, "A Chevillac".

A Caddily?

Koooop
02-19-05, 12:13 PM
:histeric: Me too, but worse: first pass at the pump, I forgot that the gas goes in on the right side of the car. Never had one like that before. Second pass: "Wow, I didn't realize this had a locking fuel door..." Back to the cockpit to look for the switch to open it... head scratching... back to look at the fuel door... more head scratching...

-- Jerry

My cousin let me use a new 2003 CTS (not a V) for two weeks, I had to call On Star to get the damn gas tank door open.

I drove that car and kept saying if this car had a V8 I'd buy one!

NIK
02-21-05, 04:23 PM

-- Jerry

Locking fuel door? Where?

2004ctsv
02-21-05, 04:34 PM
Locking fuel door? Where?

The one on the driver's side. "Speak friend and open" in elvish

Tony

doc-V
02-24-05, 10:08 AM
just yesterday i am on the highway when i notice a cop car pulling fast behind to my left (i am in the middle lane)
the cop car slows as he passes me in the left lane and the cop smiles at me
he continues to look at the car as he passes
I notice as I am aligned with his rear seat that he has a convict in the back
the cop's "passenger" is also drooling over the car
lol
too funny

Groo-V
02-24-05, 10:35 AM
I took my V in the other day to get the run-flats replaced and the entire group of tire guys (about 12) stopped what they were doing and gathered around my car when it was pulled in. They spent about 5 minutes around the car asking a bunch of questions. It was the first one that had come in there and they had just "heard about the V". After they put it up on the lift and took the tires off, they each came back again to check out the brakes and the underside of the car. Got plenty of good, personal service. It was a pretty cool feeling.

ahahnu
03-07-05, 10:02 AM
Over the weekend I was driving my car down a four lane elevated highway (actually is the first highway ever) and came upon traffic due to a car stuck in a lane. While gazing at the car in front of me I realized it was a new 06 Jetta not released yet, with Michigan tags on it. Being an old VW guy I was curious to see the rest of the new redesigned look. Once traffic open up, the dude driving it floored it, and the race was on. I have to hand it to the guy driving, for a four banger he made it haul. He was crazy, flashing high beams, honking the horn to get people out of his way. Eventually once traffic lessened I deemed it safe to go around and the two guys inside were going balistic over my car. Hanging out the window, waving, yelling. It was the best I've received because these were Detroit car guys giving our car props. Awesome!

RSM CTS-V
03-07-05, 04:43 PM
I got some great attention on Friday afternoon as I was barrelling down the I-15 to Vegas for So Cal. The Bassani exhaust has a great roar to it in 5th gear at about 100mph. I got lots of attention from the "cool guy" in his brand new 2005 Saleen S281 Mustang who tried to hang on behind me and just couldn't keep up. That was great. He gave up his antics of tailgating me after that.

benjet
03-07-05, 10:05 PM
This week a guy on a sport bike came up along side me going from 50 > crawl (traffic) and hung on until I ACKNOLEDGED his thumbs up next to me.

I thought that was worthy of mention as it was night and my car is/was filthy.