: Water leak from fire wall...

John P
07-01-13, 05:16 PM
Noticed the last few days there has been a small puddle under the truck on the passenger side. Look under and its coming from near the bulkhead/fire wall.

Its cold water and all my levels seem to be fine and not dropped the amount of water that's been under it. Where is it coming from?

Its not coolant. Its not that colour and its cold no matter how long ive been driving.

Its only there if ive used the heaters but I don't think the heaters use water.

Any ideas guys?

rfishoutofwater
07-01-13, 06:53 PM
That would be your ac condensation. Typical and normal.

John P
07-01-13, 07:21 PM
Its worse than a condensation puddle in my opinion. Ive no idea though.

wesyder
07-01-13, 07:27 PM
Its worse than a condensation puddle in my opinion. Ive no idea though.

Yep condensation.... These trucks produce alot of it

John P
07-01-13, 08:00 PM
Really? I honestly didn't think it would be that bad, literally a puddle of water underneath the truck and its not hot where I live.

rfishoutofwater
07-01-13, 08:56 PM
Yep. It will leak a ton. My f350 drops a ton too and looks like it leaking something bad but its just water condensation from ac. Now if its got color then theres a problem but you are ok

the cadillac man
07-01-13, 09:48 PM
Really? I honestly didn't think it would be that bad, literally a puddle of water underneath the truck and its not hot where I live.

Mine does this a lot when its hot and I run the ac like crazy

After I have drive my truck the puddle tends to run down my driveway from where both hvac units have been running in the truck for the trip

Nothing to worry about unless it is red or orange/green (tranny fluid or antifreeze )

65kaiser
07-03-13, 08:31 AM
I have heard of a problem with leaks from the antennae. Worth checking.

Silent_Assasin
07-03-13, 07:29 PM
Same here, i went in the gas station the other day and just the few minutes i was in i noticed my truck left a pond out in the parking lot! ...perfectly normal!