: Buy a cadillac escalade with a lot of miles

Psycode
07-01-13, 01:38 PM
Hello,

I come from Belgium so please excuse my English.
I'm looking for a cadillac escalade EXT, I found one, it is very good state, with lpg and all options I need. But this car made 175000 km (about 105.000 miles I think). It cost 12.000, it's a very good price I think.

I would like to know if it's a good deal to buy a car with a lot of miles like this? How much miles can make that engine ?

I know my English isn't perfect so if you don't understand a sentence, you can tell me I will try to explain.

Thank you.
Psycode

the cadillac man
07-01-13, 01:57 PM
Hello,

I come from Belgium so please excuse my English.
I'm looking for a cadillac escalade EXT, I found one, it is very good state, with lpg and all options I need. But this car made 175000 km (about 105.000 miles I think). It cost 12.000€, it's a very good price I think.

I would like to know if it's a good deal to buy a car with a lot of miles like this? How much miles can make that engine ?

I know my English isn't perfect so if you don't understand a sentence, you can tell me I will try to explain.

Thank you.
Psycode

Its still got a lot of life in it for sure and the price is a good deal
I would test drive it before making a decision

Psycode
07-01-13, 03:03 PM
Thank you for your answer, I will test drive it and see if there is no problems before making my decision but do you know what pieces must be check? And how can I check it? Some tips?

the cadillac man
07-01-13, 04:03 PM
Thank you for your answer, I will test drive it and see if there is no problems before making my decision but do you know what pieces must be check? And how can I check it? Some tips?

While test driving it make sure everything works(light,s wipers, exc ,exc) any problems with the truck I would use to my advantage to get the price lowered

Try out everything in the truck

Also listen for moans or whines from the drivetrain some are normal with the mileage some are not

Psycode
07-01-13, 05:58 PM
OK, I will check all you tell me, it will really help me, thank you. :)

Just a last question, the seller tell me that the car burn average 28 liters of LPG for 100km... It's possible ? I think is to much, I was thinking it burn about 20-22 liters, and he tell me that he install a high class installation so it seems to much, no?

the cadillac man
07-01-13, 09:36 PM
OK, I will check all you tell me, it will really help me, thank you. :)

Just a last question, the seller tell me that the car burn average 28 liters of LPG for 100km... It's possible ? I think is to much, I was thinking it burn about 20-22 liters, and he tell me that he install a high class installation so it seems to much, no?

LPG is different from regular gas and is pretty darn efficient in something like this

Also look under the truck and make sure there is no leaks

I am always glad to help

Silent_Assasin
07-03-13, 07:30 PM
105k is nothing anymore! people drive so much! ...

the cadillac man
07-03-13, 09:15 PM
105k is nothing anymore! people drive so much! ...

So true I have over 160k on my truck now