: Climate Control Actuator

jkharnage
07-01-13, 01:01 PM
Well, itís time to replace the one of the actuator motors for the climate control system. However this one is in a very awkward place and it looks as if I have to remove the dash board to get to it. Iíve checked the forum but donít see any information to assist me for my 05 STS on dashboard removal unless thereís an easier way to get to this actuator. I know itís the culprit since it keeps moving the door while the climate control system is off. I can tap on it with a screwdriver and it will stop moving the door. I have the part (GM 89023388) and I see another actuator near it. I might replace it too since I could possibly go the distance to remove the entire dashboard. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

EChas3
07-02-13, 01:29 AM
It may only need the arm. Try lube first. Then the arm. Only change the assembly if you nust; that's rare.

jkharnage
07-02-13, 11:46 AM
Just curious but what kind of lube would you recommend for the arm? Also, would it be possible that the arm of the actuator is getting hung up in the cam. Maybe a small bur or piece of plastic is holding up the actuator? The biggest issue is getting it out to examine.

EChas3
07-02-13, 10:43 PM
I don't have a favorite. Koz uses some special lithium bear fat on his...

DarkMingBlueSTS
07-02-13, 10:57 PM
Just curious but what kind of lube would you recommend for the arm? Also, would it be possible that the arm of the actuator is getting hung up in the cam. Maybe a small bur or piece of plastic is holding up the actuator? The biggest issue is getting it out to examine.

I used spray able white lithium grease on mine