: No GPS Signal

Red Sox Dynasty
07-01-13, 09:07 AM
Anyone else getting the the problem of the GPS not getting signal and staying that way an entire trip? I've had the problem twice now in 4 days. Start the car and no signal. Take the 20 min drive I had intended and still no signal. Turn off car and make sure everything turns off then restart and GPS signal shows up right away. I'm guessing this must be a software issue of sorts.

pever
07-02-13, 09:24 AM
Yup, I have seen that either 3 or 4 times. All times it was related to my downloading a destination. A couple times it was by using my iPhone OnStar app to send the destination to the in-car NAV, and once (I think twice, but am not certain) it was after making an OnStar call to request a destination be sent to me. In one of those cases I had OnStar send me a destination after starting driving only a minute earlier. In all cases, I get a compass-like icon but NO map. In a couple cases (at least) the system actually displayed the address in the DIC. As best I recall, once it even displayed the ETA. When I stop, wait, restart the car, it usually, as best I recall, had the destination on screen. HOWEVER, the last time (the one where I called OnStar) it went back into the screen showing the destination being downloaded and took maybe 10 seconds before it loaded it. So, I am guessing that it has something to do with downloading a destination while CUE is still indexing my iPhone (I always plug in the USB and have maybe 1,000 songs).

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-02-13, 04:20 PM
Anyone else getting the the problem of the GPS not getting signal and staying that way an entire trip? I've had the problem twice now in 4 days. Start the car and no signal. Take the 20 min drive I had intended and still no signal. Turn off car and make sure everything turns off then restart and GPS signal shows up right away. I'm guessing this must be a software issue of sorts.
Hello Red Sox Dynasty,

I apologize that you are experiencing an issue with your ATS not receiving a GPS signal. Have you contacted the dealership regarding this concern? If you would like me to assist you in working with the dealership, I would be more than happy to work with them on your behalf. I would need you to private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you would like to work with. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post and I look forward to assisting you with your concern.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care