: GM In Your Driveway Promotion

JST
02-15-05, 10:08 PM
Ran across some information on this program, and noted that the program guide says that "Select" GM employees and retirees can offer supplier pricing to their friends, neighbors and extended families.

Anyone know which "select" employees are eligible to give out this pricing? Know a few folks who did/do work at GM, but wondered about the contours of the program before I pester them.

CVP33
02-15-05, 10:18 PM
I believe that GM employees can get 2 certificates per month.

jdodman
02-15-05, 10:25 PM
I am in the process of lining this info up for a car purchase for my wife. She wants a tow vehicle for my Grand National (what a wife) so we are looking at Envoy's and Trailblazers. She is sick of the Yukon / Suburban school buses.

Anyway, when I get the details I will post. I have a friend that is an unclassified exec that is getting me the details. My question is, do all the GM incentives they currently have out there, still apply if you get the employee discount...Now that would be sweet...

benjet
02-15-05, 10:49 PM
I tried to do this last year with my V (didn't happen), delaerships can OPT to honor it on any vehicle, so make sure you have your proper arrangements in place.

trukk
02-16-05, 10:29 AM
I am in the process of lining this info up for a car purchase for my wife. She wants a tow vehicle for my Grand National (what a wife) so we are looking at Envoy's and Trailblazers. She is sick of the Yukon / Suburban school buses.

Anyway, when I get the details I will post. I have a friend that is an unclassified exec that is getting me the details. My question is, do all the GM incentives they currently have out there, still apply if you get the employee discount...Now that would be sweet...

I went GMS with my V. I read all the promos goinf on at the time. None excluded GMS/Supplier or GM in the Driveway programs. Your best be is to marry the daughter of a GM retiree :sneaky: that's what I did.

I just turned in my '02 Envoy Lease. I also own an '04 Yukon XL. Now keep in mind that they Envoy I had was the first model year, BUT that truck was a real turd. It had a lot of electrical problems, rode like a sponge, and squeeked everywhere. They may have worked those kinks out by now, but I would not get another Envoy. Now the Yukon, that is a truck. It rides so nice, not to soft, not to hard. The design is so rock solid. You'd have to pull my fingernails out to make me relinquish my grip on my Yukon.

-Chris

beej
02-16-05, 01:23 PM
Ran across some information on this program, and noted that the program guide says that "Select" GM employees and retirees can offer supplier pricing to their friends, neighbors and extended families.

Anyone know which "select" employees are eligible to give out this pricing? Know a few folks who did/do work at GM, but wondered about the contours of the program before I pester them.

All or most salaried employees or retirees can do it. All incentives and rebates that are available to the general public are available for GM in the Driveway and employee purchases. One other post did mention that it's still up to the dealer on whether they accept the certificate or not. You may want to call some area dealers to make sure they'll accpet before you're ready to throw down some green.

Check with your GM connections, they'll be happy to help (and if they won't I will. I still have my 2 GMID certs available for this month)... :thumbsup:

JST
02-16-05, 06:06 PM
All or most salaried employees or retirees can do it. All incentives and rebates that are available to the general public are available for GM in the Driveway and employee purchases. One other post did mention that it's still up to the dealer on whether they accept the certificate or not. You may want to call some area dealers to make sure they'll accpet before you're ready to throw down some green.

Check with your GM connections, they'll be happy to help (and if they won't I will. I still have my 2 GMID certs available for this month)... :thumbsup:

Thanks for that offer--I may take you up on it. Would you mind dropping me an e-mail, since I can't figure out how (or if) you can PM here?

Addy is s h u a @ roadfly.org, without the spaces.

jdodman
02-16-05, 07:05 PM
We also had a Yukon and I liked it, but the wife has trouble getting these tractor trailors in and out of the garage and is sick of the 12 mile gas per gallon stuff..

PLATINUM-V
02-18-05, 01:02 PM
If beej uses his 2 I have 2 left to donate.

privatejoker86
02-20-05, 12:39 PM
What do you think the (or know) the prices on an '05 would be with the GMS pricing. I have so far been offered 47 on an '05 that stickers for 52. Does that stack up with what you've found?

CVP33
02-20-05, 12:41 PM
$47K is GMS for '05 V with sunroof.

GreyFox
02-28-05, 09:04 PM
Beej or Platinum-V, I'd love to have one of those certificates. How do I contact you to see about doing this? I appear to be unable to do a PM. You can email me at gdhstl@yahoo.com. Thanks!!:worship:

Klamath
02-28-05, 09:10 PM
What's the price difference between GMS and GSU? I qual for the supplier GSU, but havent made it down to the dealer yet to work it out.

CVP33
02-28-05, 09:42 PM
I believe it's around $2K.

GreyFox
03-03-05, 11:22 PM
Helloooooooooooooooooo!

Beej and Platinum-V - are you out there? Do you really exist?
:nono:

PLATINUM-V
03-04-05, 09:23 AM
Greyfox you have mail.

BocaCaddy2K5
03-07-05, 05:41 PM
Platnium - V or Beej if you are still out there I would love to take you up on your certificate offer, my email is markc2182@yahoo.com. I'm looking to order a CTS shortly.

Thanks if you can help!

rotdog
03-07-05, 06:41 PM
I work for GM & build those tahoes & suburban you are complaining about. You may wish you had it back when you downgrade to an envoy or trailblazer. Just stay Union made:) I can get the certificates, it is about 5% over the normal employee discount. All I need is your e-mail, birthday, name, and the last 4 digits of your SSN. My wife and I both work here and we have no problem getting as many as anyone needs. If the dealer wont except it find one that will.:coolgleam

rotdog
03-07-05, 08:14 PM
Also all rebates are included on top of the In the Driveway Certificates. Don't let any dealer tell you different:tisk:

Going_Fast
03-07-05, 10:35 PM
rotdog, for what it's worth, I've had both an '03 Tahoe and '04 Z71 burb (still have the burb) and I think highly of them. Substantially better than the midsize product in my opinion. The burb's not the perfect vehicle, but is still the best all-around family, boat, snowmobile vehicle hauler around. Keep up the good work! I've had no trouble with either vehicles.

CVP33
03-07-05, 10:45 PM
rotdog,

I echo GF's comments. I have a 2002 Tahoe and a 2000 Chrysler LHS. The Chryslers in the shop again. Thank god for the extended warranty! It's paid for itself twice over now. This time the LHS is in for a stuck shifter, faulty body control module and the cowl piece literally flew off going down the highway the other day. Our Tahoe with nearly 60,000 miles has been trouble free even after my wife ditched it avoiding an oncoming dump truck. She spun the vehicle 2 complete revolutions going into and coming out of a 3 foot deep ditch as witnessed by an off duty officer. $1,000 worth of cosmetic body damage and no frame or suspension damage. Not that's tough!

louiefl99
03-08-05, 12:56 PM
I posted something similar on the CTS Forum a while back.

You can get the GMID or GM Supplier price for negotiating from gmfamilyfirst.com, pull down the window to GMID Pricing, pick Cadillac, then CTS-V, then Build this vehicle, click color and options. For a non-Redline color and no options, the GMID / GM Supplier price is $48,528.28 for a base V with an MSRP of $51,485. Using Kelly Blue Book, the dealer invoice is $47,773.25. The supplier / GMID price works out to be 1.5% over invoice.

You would need to add destination charge of $695 and gas guzzler tax of $1300 to the above numbers.

I had no problem beating GMID price on a non-V CTS, I have no idea what the supply and demand situation is in your area.

Dozer42
03-30-05, 10:45 PM
For some reason I can't PM either.

I would love to get the GMID discount.

Please email me, z06@dozer.com and I can send over the info you need. =)

Right now I'm thinking of getting either a C6 'vert or an XLR-V.

Thanks!

CaddyLackerz
03-04-06, 09:31 PM
Hi Rotdog, I'm with you regarding buying US. I drive an SLS & bought my daughter a Silverado & am now looking to order the new Tahoe. A good friend of mine has an '02 Tahoe Z71. Great vehicles all. Anyway, I'm planning to order a new Tahoe & wondered if you could share a GMIYD cert? If so, please reply to sbatic@hotmail.com and I'll get my info to you. Since vehicle delivery is at least six weeks out, do the certs expire sooner than that? Many thanks, Steve.